The End of Groovy Has Arrived

I reached out to keen but no response yet.

You have 2 options for Shelly.

There is the official cloud to cloud (c2c) integration or the community written Edge Driver that runs locally. Choice is good.

I have chosen the community written Edge Driver by @TAustin which works great.

2 Likes

I’ve received a couple of queries asking if I’m going to set up a page in the community – created wiki which would list model by model whether there’s a stock edge driver, a community created edge driver, or nothing yet.

I’m pleased to say that one has been created thanks to the help of several other people. It’s not complete, but if you see your model there, it should be accurate. If you don’t see your model there, you’ll have to do your own research, and then, if you find one, please do add it to the table for the next person who comes along. :sunglasses:

Table:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Table_of_Edge_Drivers

Lists by device class:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Quick_Browse_Lists_for_Edge_Drivers

1 Like

I think it’s a good idea, but has some challenges, especially for z-wave devices. The standard Edge Drivers don’t list the consumer facing model number for each fingerprint. So you can’t really tell which device it. For example, there are 4 leviton z-wave switches and 2 z-wave outlets listed. Which model is which? Who knows!

Sure, but then people could add to the table in the community-created wiki based on their personal experiences. Particularly for cases where it worked for a specific model.

1 Like

I was referring to this discussion in the beta thread from back in July:

For what it’s worth, I just deleted the garage door opener and re-added it but it did not come back as a edge driver. I went back to the old groovy one. @alissa.dornbos

what was assigned to it?

I have routinces in WC that need to do math (they cycle a humidifier based on temperature to set the correct humidity level). How can math based functions be accomplished in the app rules engine?

1 Like

The same one as before my reset.

I do have an edge driver installed on my hub for the garage door.

try removing the DTH after removing the GDO then try to pair it. assuming the fingerprint for it has been added to an Edge Driver in production.

in the list you posted, the (OLD) designation means there is a newer version available.You may want to install the newer version, change the driver in the devices using the old version to the newer version, then remove the (OLD) version. :slight_smile: @Mariano_Colmenarejo uses the (OLD) in his drivers when he does a major update that requires the change.

This is the fingerprint

• id: “gocontrol”
    deviceLabel: GoControl Garage Door
    manufacturerId: 0x014F
    productType: 0x4744
    productId: 0x3530
    deviceProfileName: base-garage-door

so try removing the garage door, then remove the custom DTH in IDE, then proceed to adding the GDO back, then check to see if it received the Edge driver

or wait for ST to migrate it to an Edge Driver :slight_smile:

I will wait for ST to migrate it. Thank for your insight.

1 Like

What am I missing something in the current list of aproved Edge Drivers. I did not see any for zigbee bulbs. Looking for ikea bulbs, sengled bulbs and sylvnia light strips.

Doubt you’ll get a direct answer for that Matvei - but speaking a someone who worked for a large software publisher for 12+ years. you answer is liability. If they put it in, they’re liable for what it does.

I doubt seriously you’ll ever get an ‘official’ driver that contains a fingerprint for a device that can no longer be supported by the manufacturer - because the manufacturer no longer exists. Exceptions of course for ones that WERE in DTHs and the company ''poofed" later.

It’s someone’s job at Samsung to worry about what happens if it’s wrong - breaks something, rewrites something it’s not supposed to… Who do they call? And that someone usually has a lot of say in these kind of things…

It’s easier to just not do it and ask the community to fill that gap with a ‘community’ driver - One that that they (SmartThings) is not liable for.

4 Likes

check here for custom drivers:

1 Like

I agree. Also the DTH was quite likely intended to be covered by an Apache Licence but if it doesn’t include it, reference it in a recognised fashion, or come packaged with it, that can’t be assumed and presumably that means it can’t be released either (and I believe that might be the case here).

1 Like

for light bulbs, led strips…, you have to look in the stock Zigbee switch driver and if they are not there, then look in the community drivers

1 Like

Thanks your the info on the custom driver … but should smartthings not be providing an “official edge driver” for a category as large as zigbee bulb. Heck I even have a few Samsung branded zigbee bulbs. Do they not even intend on supporting there own products.

43 days until groovy shuts down and I know more info will be coming in a few more weeks, but time is short. Some of us have muliple houses we manage old relatives. Grandma is out of state, even.