Thank you Alexa and Smartthings!

As I have mentioned before one of the reasons for my home automation has been my spinal issues. I have degenerative disk disorder which results in crippling pain periodically if you’ve got it you know what I’m talking about and if you don’t have it you don’t want.

So I had a flare up this past weekend that made it excruciating to do anything then lay flat on my back. With Alexa and smart things I was able to keep my TV viewing or at least listening going and listening to radio and podcasts not to mention keeping the climate in the bedroom perfect and manage the lighting without having to get up.

While my wife certainly does help with a lot of these things during these flare ups it’s nice for me to be able to have some technology and place where I don’t have to bother her.

I can honestly say this is definitely going the right way however I need to hurry up in replaced the ceiling fan in the master bedroom and add the controller to that.

14 Likes

That is awesome. Sorry to hear you have such severe back issues and I hope you find relief.

1 Like

Age, bad habits and heredity all contribute.

My Dad was 6’ 2" when he was 50 by the time he passed away at 79 he ended up at 5’ 10" due to degenerative disk disorder. Both of my brothers have similar issues. I would not be surprised at all if I have lost height over the years…

FWIW, my wife and I have a scheduled volunteer day at a local family shelter that I have to waive off due to this… The flare up is settling down somewhat, but I need to spend the time with the physical therapist in the pool tomorrow… :frowning: