Terry Gauchat

I’m sad to announce that Terry Gauchat has passed away on December 16, 2019.

Terry was one of the most active SmartThings Community members of all time. He contributed to the Community since the Kickstarter days. He enjoyed solving problems and helping people.

Terry was passionate about Home Automation, the Internet of Things and technology. He took pride in his work on ActionTiles and our accomplishments. Terry had a great sense of adventure and love for dogs. Terry was a great friend and partner and he will be missed.

Please DM me if you would like to forward a message to his family or if you have any questions.

28 Likes

He will be greatly missed

4 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this. Thank you for letting us know. Please extend my condolences to his family.

He was a very kind, generous, funny, talented guy and the community will miss him very much.

6 Likes

Oh no, I’m so very sorry to see this news. He’s helped me with questions, provided feedback on many of my posts, and has significantly contributed to ST and the community. He will surely be missed. Please pass along my condolences to his family.

4 Likes

I am shocked and so sorry to hear this. My warmest condolences to you and his family. He will be missed.

7 Likes

I’m shocked and saddened to see this. :cry: My condolences to you Alex and his family.

I have interacted with Terry many times through these forums, Facebook, Slack, etc. since I bought a SmartThings hub in 2015. He was always very helpful, knowledgeable and had good insight to our little SmartThings community. I finally got to meet him in person at SDC 2019. While we only briefly chatted in person, it was my pleasure to finally meet. He will surely be missed.

6 Likes

Oh man I’m so sorry to hear this… He will be missed…

3 Likes

Im verry sorry to hear of his passing. My.condolences to his family.

3 Likes

I am sorry to hear this. I am really shocked. Please give our condolences to his family. He will be missed.

4 Likes

Words fail to express the sadness for this loss of a prominent community member. It was truly a pleasure to have gotten to know Terry. He will be missed dearly.

6 Likes

This is such sad news. He has been very helpful to me and many others. He will be truly missed.

3 Likes

All my condolences to his family.

I didn’t think I would ever be touched by something happening on a social network.

The numerous times I interacted with @tgauchat on this forum he was insightful and helped me understanding what ST didn’t document properly, in a very professional and friendly way, eager to explain and guide.
I was kind of proud when he was putting likes on my answers, endorsing my posts: that was a great recognition from someone who was very aware of ST then Samsung directions and carried over this forum what he gathered from keynotes and other communications we barely access.

Sorry again for the loss.

4 Likes

Very sad news. My condolences to his family. :cry::sob:

3 Likes

Shocked and saddened to hear this.

Terry was a big part of this community.

3 Likes

My condolences to his family and friends. Just awful.

3 Likes

Wanted to add my condolences to his friends and family as well. He indeed was very helpful and friendly.

3 Likes

Very sad news and a big shock. I’m so sorry.

2 Likes

Condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.

2 Likes

Always a friendly presence. Sorry to hear this. Thinking about his family during this time.

2 Likes

So very sorry to hear this sad news.

2 Likes