Temperatures Dashboard SmartApp

smartapp_sensors
smartapp_hvac
project_dashboard

I was asked in another discussion a while back about a way to see all temperatures in a single view, and while this could be done with Rooms and putting all your temperature devices in a Room, it’s really not a logical way to group devices (IMHO). You could also create virtual devices for each and put those in a Room, but that’s a PITA to manage. Even the old Damage & Danger dashboard didn’t display the temperature value.

I put together this little app to show temperatures from all the devices you select from a list of capable devices, so I thought I’d share with the community. The list isn’t sorted because I couldn’t figure out how to do it with the example code base I used, but I still find this app helpful for my needs:

Code:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/smartapps/jscgs350/dashboard-temperatures.src/dashboard-temperatures.groovy

SmartTiles Dashboard v5.5: Added UK :uk:, 5 × Dashboards, and more! Nov 6, 2015
(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #2

Nice!
Putting data right in the mobile App - SmartApp config screen is handy, great idea.

Now please, please, please forgive me :pray: for being really tacky and shameless…
May I just post this tiny picture here? I promise I won’t hijack any more of this thread. Thanks, sorry. (Click on the photo for SmartTiles details).

I can’t take credit for that idea. I just used @notoriousbdg’s BatteryMonitor app for inspiration.

No problem @tgauchat! I’m almost (maybe) kind of done adding devices to my ST environment. I have just a couple “projects” I want to complete, but for the most part I’m at the point now where I can really get into Routines and automation (including @bravenel’s Rule Machine).

One of my major projects coming up will be to add affordable tablets to all our major rooms, and SmartTiles is key.

(Greg) #4

GMTA - I actually did this myself the other week by editing the same app you did. I didn’t post it because I don’t know the etiquette/rules for modifying and then posting code.

But I wanted to say I installed two instances of this app one for indoor sensors and one for outdoor sensors. I use alerts for the indoor sensors that drop below certain temps. I don’t bother with alerts for the outdoor sensors, but like a nice view of them.

I couldn’t figure out how to sort by temperature either. Something I wish the original battery monitor app also did for batteries.

(Ed) #5

@johnconstantelo - Nice job! I What’s the easiest/most direct way to access this Dashboard through the app?

I’m currently doing: Open App > Automations > SmartApps > Dashboard - Temperatures

That’s the only way unfortunately. It used to be a lot easier in the earlier release of the mobile app when you could access SmartApps through the “hamburger” menu in the upper right corner of the mobile app.

(Qvae) #7

Is this still working? After installing, instead of my given name being on the home page of ST, it says “tiles missing”. When I click on it to go to settings to set the devices for temperature I get the “something went wrong” message.

I haven’t used it for a very long time, but I just installed the SmartApp - not a Device Type Handler - and it worked just fine.

(Qvae) #9

Ok, I misunderstood what this was. I thought this could have been a device to check in my home screen.

(Mike) #10

So this smartapp works great, except one thing.

In the classic ios app it displays the temps in a easy to read, carriage returned manner, but in the newer smartthings app for ios, theres no carriage return. I am not familar with coding at all, but does anyone have an idea as to what to add to the code thats posted at
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/constjs/jcdevhandlers/master/smartapps/jscgs350/dashboard-temperatures.src/dashboard-temperatures.groovy