Temperature changes from F to C?

I have a multi sensor monitoring our Fridge and an alarm triggers if it goes above a temperature… which is now going off because the device is changing from C to F all by itself. Has anyone experienced this and have any thoughts on what’s causing it to happen? It’s defeating having a reliable alarm…

That looks like a rounding issue in the device handler. The devices normally report in Fahrenheit, / 32, and then the quotient is rounded (or the remainder truncated). Are you using the SmartThings handler, or custom?

I’m using the Smart Home Monitor with a custom rule that says when the temperature is less than 0 and greater than 8 to send a notification. It’s worked fine until recently and nothing has changed…

Ouch! That’s not good. Much as I hate to say it, you should really open a Support ticket on this.

I have experienced this on some of my devices. The worst ones are the ST branded ones. I find that for the devices that I use my own code in IDE I don’t get “as much” of an issue, but have seen a few times where the messages are screwed up. Sad!