Tell me your IDE issues

I’m interested in searching within the content of all samples.

1 Like

Yeah, there is a list events in the devices view of a specific device. For example, my t-stat shows all the last 7 days worth of events that were fired.

It’s a pain to have to either always log (which I can miss, or fails) the events that fired, and then have to open another tab, go to this area…

On top of it, virtual devices never show events.

Ideally, the UI/UX would be to be able to click the gear icon, see the device tiles / layout and have a link to pop up the events that have fired recently for that device.

4 Likes

Source Control
It would be nice if we could get source control to allow us to have backups of our programs.

4 Likes

Having examples for all sensors with all events and setups easy to read and follow. Grithub is not easy to work with of find examples.

1 Like

Basic code search should work now (ctrl+f in the editor). We’re still working on improving the search interface and adding replace.

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by this. It sounds like you may be looking for the capabilities reference.

1 Like

With the new release, I know get prompted for my account credentials every time I click on anything.

Make sure you are not running another endpoint based app (f.e. SmartTiles) in the same browser. Two conflicting sessions will keep terminating each other. This is a known issue.

This would be a good thing to fix too.

2 Likes

That was the problem. Thanks.

See: Tell me your IDE issues - #76 by beckje01

1 Like

Don’t ruin IDE by making it prettier. Just make it work. “Pretty” is for those that don’t want to open the hood.

I agree. Please don’t make it very flashy. As of now it totally blends in with the software we use at work. It won’t draw attention while we all pretend to work. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Any pretty making we do will be focused on improving the developer experience. I’m in this thing all the time as are many of us. The last thing we want is a lot of pointless flash.

5 Likes

Let us filter the hub events list. I’ve got a couple apps/devices (HEMv2, I’m looking at you…) that are somewhat chatty and being able to filter them out while tracking down failures would be very handy.

Even something that just lets us do an egrep on the list would be nice.

Also, this could be handy with the live log as well. Being able to filter based on one app/device helps, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to see multiple apps/devices in the same view.

3 Likes

I’d really like to see a more detailed explanation of the various log messages, including those from the utilities, detailed somewhere. Could be developer docs, knowledge base, separate IDE page, but somewhere with a link from the log to the explanation.

1 Like

This should be better now. Let me know if you’re still seeing issues.

2 Likes

Wow, a simple fix and a fast turn around. You the man, @Dianoga Nice to see the simple and easy fixes get done quickly :smile:

3 Likes

The ability to search the shared smart apps. In addition to a basic text search, would be nice to have a way to search by compatible device types i.e show me all apps that have open/closed sensor in the preferences

3 Likes

Really not enjoying the new IDE time out.

Its hard enough to trace issues on random failures without detailed logs… but at least when it would timeout before I could at least comb through old logs. Now it forces me to refresh the page and makes the logs hard to look at - except live.

Your session has expired. You need to login again in order to continue. 
If you made code changes, they will be available after you login again.

I get that these are meant to be “live” logs… but how can I otherwise see logs from apps to figure out how they are behaving in the wild?

1 Like