TCP Lighting Integration Issue - 10/27

When is this getting fixed. Its been a week that my lights have been down. Im ready to dump TCP.

@thegibertchan ā€“ Hey Gilbertā€¦any TCP update?

Thanks!

7 Tcp bulbs for sale with hub. This is nuts.

Andā€¦ Hereā€™s the response from TCP as of this morning.

Good morning,

The firmware update disabled the LUI for security reasons. I apologize if this has caused any inconvenience however we are not rolling back firmware versions on the system at this time.

Thank you for your continued use of Connected by TCP!

Connected by TCP Wireless Support (DJR)
www.connectedbytcp.com
Support Hours: M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST

Itā€™s ok to not go backwards, as Iā€™m sure TCP will update the firmware for other issues in the future. This particular update broke the connection between SmartThings and TCP. I just want to go forward with a fix, given theyā€™ll probably update FM again (sorry for the redundancy).

I pinged ST Support, was told they are actively working on it. Patience is running low thoughā€¦

Iā€™m happy and lucky that my firmware didnā€™t upgrade. I probably would have junked my TCP by now. Planning on just using GE links when adding new smart bulbs.

Iā€™m hoping to get a few moments of time to go past HomeDepot/Lowes to get 1 and try it out.

I do want updates on issues though, if itā€™s being worked on thatā€™s assuring. No updatesā€¦ then you get these ā€œwtfā€ posts.

I Agree!!! Thought it was to be fixed on Monday!

Iā€™m new to the ST environment, but Iā€™ve been using the HTTP interface to the TCP bulbs for several months now. I donā€™t know how ST was communicating with them, but if it was via HTTP commands, I suspect that unless/until TCP allows the LUI again, ST integration will be impossible. I hope Iā€™m wrong.

My specific question to TCP was when this issue would be fixed. i took his limited response as a sign that no fix was in the works. Nonetheless I have little to no confidence and not waiting around to find out.

The GE links are solid for the price. They do run hot at the base but give off very good light. I connect these directly to ST Hub vs the Hue Hub. For some reason they didnā€™t like the Hue Hub and would disconnect and never reconnect without a re-pairing. Theyā€™ve been rock solid on the ST hub even after days of having the wall switch turned off. And they are very quick to respond to on/off requests vs. the TCP bulbs.

Disappointed with TCPs responseā€¦

TCPI stock dropped 17% today. I assume mostly because of this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

All,

I am actively reintegrating TCP into ST. TCP is working with me to make sure we get it ā€œrightā€. Itā€™s looking very good but not ready for prime time quite yet. Close though.

Iā€™ll update status again later this weekend.

1 Like

Buy low, sell high!

Thanks @wackware . Appreciate the update.

1 Like

Status update:

I have a cloud to cloud version totally working. Just waiting for TCP to make hub to hub possible. Then Iā€™ll submit to QA.

Hey Twack, any news on the TCP front? Should I keep them around or go get some more GE Links?

TCP Bulbs (Connected) app has been submitted to ST for review this morning. Its could to cloud right now, but works very well in my testing. Hopefully it will be released soon.

Maybe if we send adult beverages to the ST gang it might speed it up. :smile:

1 Like

Man, I hope it gets approved and activated soon. I would totally pony up some $$ for a case of good beer if it sped the process up a bitā€¦ just sayin :wink:

2 Likes

How we looking @wackware??

Itā€™s submitted , @thegilbertchan do you know.

2 Likes