TCP Lighting Experiences

Good stuff guys. I’m eagerly awaiting word that the TCP issues are resolved and I’m in!

1 Like

I saw a video on youtube about the tcp integration in ST, showing only on/off. Will dimming capabilities be coming as well?

sadly, I also noted that Home Depot is no longer carrying the lights. Wonder if they are clearing the stock out to make way for the new wink hub and GE lights. Seems tcp connected bulbs are harder to find of recent, leading me back to consider hue lights for future proof.

Has this TCP issue been worked out yet? I have been using TCP for several months now using the TCP App and very happy with them. I would like to buy a ST hub but waiting for this issue to be fixed.

Would like to use the ST hub to connect my TCP bulbs to my Wemo motion.

p.s. Home Depot is still carrying the TCP Connected bulbs online and in my local store.

Thanks

Can ST customer service answer my question above? Or a ST user that has TCP bulbs. @Tyler

Thanks

Hey there!

If the issue you’re referring to is the one where multiple lights can’t be controlled at the same time (sending an ON command to a group of 10 lights and having only 3 come on), then yes, it has been fixed. You’ll need firmware version 11.705, which we can send to you manually. We’ll also be officially releasing that firmware soon so you can also just wait for a notification on your phone.

Did TCP stop making these bulbs, or is a new version coming out soon? Anyone know?
I am seeing the bulbs sold for a lot lower (2 pack kit for 30$) on Tigerdirect and other online stores …
May be due to the GE link’s price too …

I’m seeing them in stock at Home Depot, seems like there’s several varieties available now. I have a half dozen outside, and they work just fine.