Tasmota Firmware on Sonoff using Brett Sheleski integration

Brand new sonoff devices will flash fine, you just need to use the ESP download tool, ensure it is set to 8mbit and dout as the flash interface.

@Ryan780 I’ve already modified Sonoff Basic with wired magnetic sensor connected to GPIO14 + GND and resistor 4,7k between 3,3v and DATA
I would like to be able to use it as momentary switch with door open/close status, something similar like Mimolite

Is it possible to achieve it with ESP firmware and following this instruction: [RELEASE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Where I can configure GPIO14 to give me back status Open/Close ?

Device Handler for Mimolite is here: https://github.com/fortrezz/smartthings
Documentation: http://www.homecontrols.com/homecontrols/products/pdfs/FZ-FortrezZ/FZMIMO2US-Guide-with-SmartThings.pdf

sonoff%20DH

or even to controll two garage doors

In the case of the Open close sensor, to control a garage door, you wouldn’t want the contact sensor to control the door opening. If reports if the door is open. Also, I don’t think the Sonoff will work for your use. The Sonoff is a 120v AC device and your garage door control circuit is 12v DC.

The build is similar to this instructable

or

I’m using my GPIO14 with wired magnetic sensor connected.
With Tasmota firmware I was able to successfully use it with Home Assistance, where I was able to see Open/Close status.
This modification is very popular in many platform OpenHAB, Domoticz, Supla.
The problem here is only with the Device Handler. Will be great if someone can help with modification of current code, and use something similar to “Mimolite” which is basically working on similar statuses.
I would like to have this in configured in SmartThings :slight_smile:

Sorry, i have no idea.

One quick workaround I’ve found is to first flash with Tasmota, then use its web interface to update the firmware to Eric Maycock (@erom1231) version located here https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/tree/master/devicetypes/erocm123/sonoff-ifan02-wifi-controller.src

Here’s the command I use to flash with the default tasmota sonoff.bin firware
$ esptool.py --port /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART --baud 115200 write_flash 0x0
/Users/asub/Downloads/sonoff.bin
esptool.py v2.5.1
Serial port /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART
Connecting…
Detecting chip type… ESP8266
Chip is ESP8285
Features: WiFi, Embedded Flash
MAC: dc:4f:22:db:a3:97
Uploading stub…
Running stub…
Stub running…
Configuring flash size…
Auto-detected Flash size: 1MB
Compressed 534032 bytes to 365310…
Wrote 534032 bytes (365310 compressed) at 0x00000000 in 32.2 seconds (effective 132.6 kbit/s)…
Hash of data verified.

Leaving...
Hard resetting via RTS pin...

Like others have said, when you flash with @erom1231 firmware it doesn’t provide the wifi access point to join. If I flash with tasmota first then use tasmota to update firmware and then use @erom1231 firmware, when it reboots I see the ap finally. No need to push and buttons, just wait a few minutes after the first tasmota flash to see the Sonoff gateway. Also be sure to powercycle after flashing

Also using the cp2102, and a new touchbar mac I didn’t require external usb power. The usb c and the ftdi provided plenty.

1 Like

Hello Sir could you send me tutorial for do that, i want my sonoff bridge can integrating with smarthing app, thank you

I sugest going a different road. Use matter and home assistant integration to Smarthings

Thank you Sir for your Advice

Is this no longer working or outdated . I have 15 tasmota sonoffs setup( all models) in smarthings for over a year ago all working great. I tried to setup a new sonoff touch 3way last week and it does not spawn any dependents in the app . Only the parent device shows up.

Well, do you have a driver that supports the creation of Children? I don’t believe this will support that as this driver is for a basic.

I found it he update his device handler 28 days ago for tasmota 7.0 but used the same name so when i looked at updates in repo it didnt find it. Up dated manualy and all is good.

1 Like

would the timezone change affect the way the device talks back to the hub / internet when you go to turn the switch on manually. i get quick response on the app for on/off

Shouldn’t no.

Hi Gert.
Can you pls give some help with bridge and ST?
So far I have flashed RF bridge with tasmota, I added a PIR to the bridge and the bridge to ST using Tasmota Connect app.
But I can’t figure out the next step: I want to pair the sensor with a corridor light, to switch on when PIR detects a movement.
But I can’t figure out how

Hi gtampako,

I’m not using the Smartthings hub anymore. So I cannot check how I did this anymore. Now I use a Raspberry Pi with a CC2531 dongle (with Zigbee2MQTT) and Home Assistant + Node-Red + Influxdb + Grafana. In this setup I still use a RF bridge with Tasmota for detecting the front doorbell. That signal is send via MQTT to Home Assistant. The automations are all done in Node-red. When the doorbell rings I get a message on my phone via Telegram and onmy Google Home’s saying ‘There is someone at the front door’. The doorbell is the only 433Mhz device. The rest is all Zigbee.

Instruction -

Thank you Gert

Ya i switched to connect works great, he just needs to add rgbw lights and im all set

I just started working on this project to connect Sonoff 4CHPRO to SmartThings Hub,
According to the instructions on devicetypes/brettsheleski/sonoff-tasmota-4ch.src/readme.md i created a New Device Handler, and also added a New Device, but now in my SmartThings App Device shows up in SamrtApp as Single Switch Device, while i am trying to control 4CHPro switch (Which has 4 individual switches, in there) not sure what am i missing it is the Wrong SmartApp i am using or something else. on the same Github i see this Groovy file
devicetypes/brettsheleski/sonoff-tasmota-4ch.src/sonoff-tasmota-4ch.groovy but not sure how to take this into SmartApp and eventually be able to control 4 individual switches,
I may be missing a step or doing something wrong , please help in this matter