Tailwind as a security sensor in Smartthings

What type of device does it register as in ide? Could switching it to say a virtual garage door opener work?

I think It’s a cloud integration, so the IDE device is just a placeholder.

Ah yeah, probably right.

Not sure where I can look it up…

Login to https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ then look under your devices. The device name will be first, followed by the device type. If it says “placeholder”, then it’s just a WiFi cloud device.

Thank you! Yes, it does say a “placeholder”.

So, there is no way to do that?

Can you take a screenshot of the device in SmartThings? I’m curious if it has both door control and contact sensor capability defined.

You could also connect it to SharpTools.io and then view the device details to see what capabilities it exposes.

After you’ve connected the device to SharpTools (via SmartThings):

1. Open your SharpTools.io User Page
  2. Tap the … next to your desired location
  3. Tap on the Tailwind device in the list of Things
  4. Screenshot or copy and paste the capabilities here

Depending on what features it exposes, you could create a rule in the SharpTools Rule Engine to monitor it. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m not sure I want yet another app for this.

like this?:

Not quite. In the actual SmartThings app.

This one?

Yup. So that’s the problem. They’ve implemented it with capability door control (or garage door control), but not with contact sensor. STHM uses capability contact sensor.

The z-wave handler includes both, so the device looks like this

You’ll need to ask tailwind to add the capability contact sensor to their SmartThings integration.

2 Likes

Great! Thank you for your help, Jimmy.

1 Like

I’ve contacted Tailwind support: https://gotailwind.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360069119572-Tailwind-as-smartthings-security-sensor-contact-sensor-capability-

The feature has been implemented (wow what a great support Tailwind!)

I just tried it in the app (had to delete and re-add Tailwind device) and now each sensor shows up as both door and “contact switch”.

1 Like

wow, that is good support!

This is an old thread but couldn’t find any newer ones about tailwind. Does anyone know what the integration looks like if you added a second door switch with their “second door switch kit” if you have two doors? I’m wondering if it would create two tiles or still only have one.

Hi all! Tailwind replied with this message and image

Please see attached screenshot. I have several of them in my Smart Things account.