Sylvania Contact Sensor w/Temperature 6-pack for $35

It’s now $45 - is it ST compatible?

it is. Looks like the fingerprint is being applied to the standard device handler in a week or two, but you can pair it and switch it to the smartsense handler manually until then.

I only see one possible device from Sylvania, an “UltraIQ” thing, that doesn’t say whether it’s for a contact sensor or not. I’m looking at the available devices in IDE.

Is this a custom device that has to be added from code or from github or something?

Seems like you just use the Stock SmartSense Contact.

Good Price even at $45. At $35, it was a steal!

it uses the standard zigbee contact sensor, named “Smartsense open/closed”

are these things motion sensors also?
This is in the description on amazon…

" * Set how long you want the contact sensor to stay on after motion is detected"

no, contact only

So you have these? How big are they compared to the smartThings contact sensors?
Also how reliable have they been?

i do not have them

I should get mine tomorrow and I’ll let you know.

Back down to $39.99 today.

Any luck @Jimxenus?

1 Like

My delivery is scheduled between 1/9-11 but it looks like it’s going to arrive closer to the 1/11.

How reliable is the temp sensor?

Just got mine - they work great.
As far as the temperature, you can add/subtract by a certain amount to correct it.

They seem exactly the same as the Lowes Iris contact sensors with a slightly smaller, squarer case.

2 Likes

I got mine today, and when I tried insert code to DH from here - https://www.smartplus.community/t/using-a-device-handler-to-pair-your-smart-contact-and-temperature-sensor-to-smartthings/100
I get error message. Where is you found DH?

Use the “SmartSense Open/Closed Sensor” default handler.
Works perfectly and it operates locally.

It will pair as a “Thing” with no status available until you change it on your IDE

1 Like

Thank you, I found that solution

1 Like

Just a follow up, I’ve set up 13 of these now for all my windows, and all of them are working without issue. The temperature reading appears to be fairly accurate as well.
Definitely a good buy.

Right now, I’m struggling with the reality that I need no new contact sensors lol

4 Likes