Switch Questions

I was wondering if anyone can answer a question for me. I have been searching and can’t seem to find the answer I am looking for.

If I were to add the in the wall switch to a standard light switch, how controllable is switch? If a standard toggle switch is set to “off” can the controller then control the switch through the app?

Additionally, if the module was added to a standard switch and the app turns the light “on” will toggling the manual switch then turn the circuit off? or will it remain on until either the app or the manual switch is turned to the off position?

[quote=“davidacollins, post:1, topic:38670”]
If I were to add the in the wall switch to a standard light switch, how controllable is switch? If a standard toggle switch is set to “off” can the controller then control the switch through the app? [/quote]
If you are talking about the Aeon microswitch, then it’s fully remote controllable (but it requires a Neutral wire). It also has strobe and flash capability, and in addition to working with conventional toggles, can also be used with a momentary button or their touch-screen switch.
http://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-DSC26103-ZWUS-In-Wall-Controller/dp/B008VWBNAU

Usually, but it depends on the smartapp you use to control it. If you use Rule Machine, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

1 Like

Most zwave switches are spring loaded so they physically return to a middle position. You press them up to turn the switch on, and down to turn the switch off regardless of what the current state is.

Yes, you can always control the switch manually. You don’t need to use the app. If you do use the app to set a switch on or off, you can still control it manually.