[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

I like both, but just a comment, currently on my tablet I can not see the entire app page…nor scroll in order too.

I have not. I can’t seem to find this option anywhere. Where can I find it?

EDIT:

Disregard, I was looking in the “My SmartApps” section, not under “My Locations” > “List SmartApps”. It seems I’ve got two instances of the app now and both had that option enabled. I unchecked it on one, but I have no clue if it is the one I should’ve checked or not. But, it did fix the problem.

So I guess I have to email support to get that cleaned up, but what does unchecking that option do? I don’t really understand the implications of disabling it.

1 Like

I am not 100% sure of what it does either, but if you click the “Whats this” next the box ypu checked it provides an explanation. I think it looks for local child apps so as to provide local processing if possible.

Due to your great app I purchased Blink camera’s. They should thank you!!!

I do have a question… Can the camera be armed for motion, send an event to Smartthings for that but not take a picture/clip?

I wanted to use these as motion/presence detectors when we are home and security cameras (with motion) when we are not home.

So I don’t see the blink camera smart app in my list of smart app’s. It should be there, right? My first weirdness with ST I guess.

Go into the IDE and.tur.n off local child app. See if that helps.

No not yet, atleast 1 second video recording will take place. But send in your feature requests to blink support.

Blink just sent me a customer survey. They asked desired features, however, motion sensing without video was not listed. I added it as a write-in. I suggest others do the same.

1 Like

Maybe I can add one more, video on demand :slight_smile:

Do you mean “Live View” outside of Blink’s app?

No the ability to trigger an on demand video recording. ST can trigger a take picture command, I’m thinking in addition if one can trigger a take video on demand. E.g. - you detection motion in front of the house but I would like to have all my blink camera’s take a short video recording.

Makes sense.

I believe they listed this as recording Live View, though not specifically addressing your need.

Another feature I failed to ask for was pre-recording so it can capture time before a trigger event. However, Blink seems to trigger very quickly and this need isn’t as great as I thought. Also, this would apply to cameras with power since the camera would have to be on all the time draining the battery.

Thank you. That worked perfectly.

I will contact Blink today

Curious, what phone/OS are you using and what version of the SmartThings App on that phone? I can’t seem to replicate this on my iPhone (iOS 7) or Samsung Galaxy S6 Android (2.1.1 ST App version)

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with Android Marshmallow. I can now see the app and have access to it via the mobile app. I did not before and it made it difficult to update when I was adding cameras. After I unchecked that box it now displays in my smartapps.

So this is a tablet problem for my information? Assuming you’ve also reported it to ST support.

My phone is a 6 inch phone, not a tablet.

I did report it.

@slagle, Tim could you throw any light on what the local child app discovery box does and why enabling it causes the SmartApp not to show up in the ST App list of installed apps?

Fix inbound

1 Like