[DEPRECATED] Blink Camera Device Handler with Motion Sensor, Live Video Streaming, Integration with SmartThings/SHM, Temperature, Signals and Push Notifications

They are offering me a refund from my order in May - minus shipping back to them.

I only depended on a camera for my driveway - the other two sat for the most part.

The search continues…

I Urge any of you whom reviewed Blink app on any markert place to go ASAP and change your review to Negative.

And please call their support lines and tie up the call by telling their support personal that Blink is being idiots! Their calls are recorded. I just placed a 8 minute call taking up time of their support to get my point recorded.

Blink Technical Phone Support
Blink now offers technical phone support! For help setting up or using your Blink system, we can be reached at (781) 332-5465 during business hours. Our current business hours are 10am to 11pm Eastern time, 7 days per week. If you’re calling from outside of the United States, dial +1-781-332-5465 from mobile or 00-781-332-5465 from a landline.

Received this via email:

We apologize for the inconvenience that it caused you. With the release of our IFTTT integration we have decided to disable third party integrations including all available SmartThings integrations. Blink users that would like to integrate their SmartThings hub with Blink can now use IFTTT. To use the Blink IFTTT service login to your IFTTT account and search for Blink in the list of available services, or visit the following link. The Blink IFTTT integration currently supports arming and disarming your Blink system and also triggering other IFTTT devices/actions when motion is detected on any of your Blink cameras. We may add more services (such as arming or disarming individual or groups of cameras) in future.

me too
one week ago. Blink camera are my present for Xmas

I bought a Blink camera + base from Amazon at the end of last January. For what it’s worth, I just contacted Amazon and explained the situation, and that I’ve had it for less than a year, and they are providing a refund and a return label to ship it back.

It’s not quite a full refund - I paid $99 and think I’ll get $79 back, but frankly I’m still happy with that.

Even if Blink does work with IFTTT, I don’t trust them anymore. I’ll switch to Arlo cameras.

1 Like

UPDATE TO MY ABOVE POST!

Blink support just called my number back and extended an offer to refund my system and will provide a free shipping lable to return my system. I told them to send me the e-mail with the info. But I am not ready to let them off the hook.

I repeate my request from above post:

1 Like

Just finished a chat with Amazon myself. Bought a three camera system in June and they’re doing the same for me. I came from Arlo due to a bad experience but I’m looking at maybe going back to see how they are now.

How much is a 5 camera system from ARLO? I am about to buy in!

Update: The Blink refund e-mail just poped up in my Inbox.

And that only ties up support for people who actually need support. You are mad about the decision, I get it, but there are people who actually use Blink without any need for rboys app that may actually need help.

1 Like

Can’t tell if you tried this or not…

Hub IDE -> Locations -> Your Location -> List Smart Apps -> Edit -> Uninstall

That worked for me on another SmartApp that I couldn’t remove when it gave me the same error you are receiving.

Just removed the Blink app from my phone and smart app and device handler from SmartThings. On my way to the post office to drop off my return package. I will continue to support RBoy as he has other great device handlers (Garage door opener, Z-wave lock, and thermostat) and Smart Apps.

4 Likes

If anybody from Arlo is hanging about this thread, now would be an ideal time to run a holiday promo for ST users. :wink:

I am curious, does the ST Arlo integration provide for the same type of camera control we had with @RBoys Blink app? What can be done and can not be done with the ST Arlo integration?

The Blink integration was the only reason I paid to join the Rboy site.
The SmartApp doesn’t work and won’t accept my login.
Upon contacting supoort’ they said the issue is on the Smartthings/Blink side.

When will this be fixed? Otherwise,money back would be nice…

2 Likes

It will probably never be fixed. Blink dropped support for ST. You’ll need to move to IFTTT or purchase new cameras.

And…this is good for us? :thinking:

A bit misleading as no disclosure was clearly added to the top of this thread… and I bought the RBoy site access only for this one app.

Talk to Blink if you want to get your money back. RBoy has indicated that this was out of the blue for everyone, so it’s not like RBoy was taking your money while secretly knowing this was coming.

And the thread title was changed as soon as RBoy could get onto the forums to do so.

If you purchased the access in the last 24 hours then maybe RBoy might be willing to give you a refund (I don’t know that for certain as I don’t speak for RBoy and don’t claim to), but that’s about the length of time Blink gave everyone notice of the change. So it’s not like this thread title was left unchanged for a week.

On one side of this, there may likely be those who have recently signed up for RBoys service just to get the benefit of the Blink integration. For that group, his other offerings may not have any value as perhaps they do not own any of those devices he integrates. The fact that the integration was branded as “Official” blurs the lines of responsibility somewhat.

On the other side, this was an action taken without RBoy’s advance notification as evidenced by timeline of events from the Blink e-mail to his post here. One could argue that he was told in advance, but RBoy has a positive history here so I believe he was just as surprised as anyone else.

There are two ways to look at this, and I certainly can see the merit of each. The truth, as always lies somewhere in the middle. Blink has a checkered and untrustworthy past. Just this past January they discontinued support for 3rd party integrations, including RBoy’s for a period of time, before giving in and temporarily restoring access.

Since Blink has indicated since the beginning of the year their intention to shut down 3rd party integrations, RBoy probably should have posted a disclaimer that his Blink integration could be shut down by Blink at anytime. By doing do, he could have avoided these kinds of concerns altogether.