[SURVEY CLOSED] Name the new community based Rule Engine

So the acronym should then be “CoRE”. Adds a layer of mystique to it… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Parent - Destiny
Child - Destiny’s child

4 Likes

Ha ha! And then get sued for copyright infringement?

2 Likes

Parent: Big Enos
Child: Little Enos

:sunglasses:

1 Like

by both the video game company and a music company for Destiny! @bamarayne just wants to get us in trouble.

I vote for @SBDOBRESCU’s
Parent: Core
Child: Mantle

… earth layers…anyone?

Parent: Rubric / Rubeus
Child: sub-rubeus

4 Likes

Just had to come up with some names for an internal program too, and I can share some of the more ‘witty’ options that were denied… but oh I wish it came to be:

Cirro and Strato
Cosmo and Terra
Zenith and Meridian

and
Pinot Noir and Caviar…Myanmar!

… Don’t worry though, I also gave 3/5 top one that we’re actually going to use, so not all my ideas are that silly :). Although, one of the 3, had “Core” as one of them :wink:

1 Like

Cannot get better than ^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

1 Like

Parent: Cause
Child: Effect

4 Likes

I think this is why they no longer ask for my naming ideas. Last time I **EXTEND**ed my ideas, it stuck, but they had to weed through the crap creative suggestions too.

Parent: Automation Engine
Child: Gear/Cog

Ok I just have to…

Parent: Lurch
Child: Thing

Sorry :smirk:

3 Likes

parent: dominus
child: imperium

3 Likes

Parent: do-it-or-else
Child: waaaah

:wink:

1 Like

Zeus / Hercules :slight_smile: Kind of works, Hercules is a “child” of Zeus :slight_smile: But none of them would actually reflect what the app does :frowning:

2 Likes

True, but Dominus is briliant, in my opinion! And it does speak of what the app can be :smile:

1 Like

@ady624 I think we just need one name for the master and use that name plus CH for the child, so we don’t complicate things too much. EX: Rule Engine (parent) / Rule Engine ch (child).

1 Like

You’re in charge. Whatever you decide :slight_smile:

I guess, after a few days, once we have a solid list of possible names, you need to set up a poll and we’ll then use the most wanted name(s).

Right?

I think we are ready…We have 3 to go with. See second post on the thread for polling details.

[quote=“SBDOBRESCU, post:38, topic:47450”]
I think we just need one name for the master and use that name plus CH for the child, so we don’t complicate things too much. EX: Rule Engine (parent) / Rule Engine ch (child
[/quote] I second this idea but with a tweak. I want to somehow associate the same name in both parent and child apps but not be restrictive to just using the CH in the child. I think from an end user viewpoint as long as it has the same core name in both will minimize confusion.

For Example;
Do It
Do It Now

“Do It” would show the two apps are associated somehow with each other and the names could swapped to be on parent or child app.

2 Likes

You don’t want to give this a few days? Some users are still working and haven’t even seen this thread yet. What’s the rush?

5 Likes