Support for devices that randomly go offline

I have 2 zwave smoke detectors (First Alert) and 2 motion sensors that randomly go offline multiple times a day (10-20).

I figured I would send an email to support but it has now been over a week and no one has answered. How is samsung expecting to be the player in home automation if it is imposible to get any support?

1 Like

@Pierre-Alain_Isore. Same instance here - at least for the First Alert Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Alarms (ZCOMBO). I have two that show offline. I’ve “rebooted” them and they still disconnect after the reboot. Perhaps I will remove them from my list of devices and then try to reconnect them and then go through the PAIN of editing my automation to re-add them. UGH.

Try reaching out to the manufacturer support instead of SmartThings. SmartThings support are slammed right now triaging all the issues they’ve created with the forced migration, and the manufacturers should know their own products better anyway.

That is exactly why I am not removing them yet… What a pain!

1 Like

Checked your battery?

This happens on one of my First Alert ZCOMBO devices even with brand new batteries. I’ve tried excluding and resetting it, but it always goes back to showing offline.

Yup put new batteries in just to make sure.

Thread is old but it still is happening in 2023.
I fixed mine. I threw out the ZCombo and put a normal SD/CMD in.
Problem solved.

Hi. I’m having the same issue with my 2 first alert ZCombo devices. I just moved back to ST after 5 years. I did not expect these solid devices to be an issue.

Can you explain what you did? Sounds like you replaced the devices with another brand or changed drivers?

Thanks much!

I have 9 of them connected to ring and they have all been replaced twice because they randomly go off. Their really bad!

Thanks for that. I haven’t had any falsing at all for the several years I’ve owned them, unless you mean offline, but that never happened either till I put them on ST (Aeotec v3). They just worked as expected. Though I did find an Edge driver created by another user, that now has them reporting online as they should. I haven’t tested them with smoke to see if they trigger properly with the driver, but I’ll get to that soon.

Nothing but problems for me, First Alert has replaced all of them twice Their very sensitive around ceiling fans, a lot of false alarms.