Super LAN Connect Beta!

When you say you’ve tried resetting are you resetting the wemo switch by pressing the physical reset button on the switch or physically unplugging the plug? Thats what works for me.

I have done all of these.

1. Restarted WiFi by right button on in wall switch
    (Connected and has IP address)
  2. Removed Switch from WeMo Connect and the IDE
  3. Added device from Marketplace (Device found but still offline)
  4. Turned off circuit breaker then turned back on. (No difference)
    The only way is to remove all WeMo devices and remove WeMo Connect then start from scratch.

That is why I am hoping this Beta is released or I can join the beta.

Ah gotcha, I am also eagerly waiting for the superLAN release because my wemo devices randomly disconnect from the ST app. Although a device reboot/reset seems to work for me, it does take about 10min after the reset for it to come “online” in ST.

In the dev call last Wednesday they said the superLAN beta would likely reopen for the second round of testing. I don’t have specifics for when or if that is actually going to happen.

I hope soon and that I can get in for the testing. I signed up for the Beta Firmware. I also beta tested the latest version of WeMo Connect, and never had a problem until the last firmware update. I don’t really think the firmware had anything to do with my problem, but I am tired of working to get automations going then it fails again and I have to redo all.

@slagle I have the superLan running in the background but is nowhere to be found on my SmartApps tab. And it has taken my Hue service manager with it too…

1 Like

That’s how it works. It replaces the Connect service managers.

Does it hide everything? How would I run the discovery for a new hue bulb?

It will find it and add it. It runs periodically in the background.

1 Like

Oh thats cool. I thought it would just group them in the app, but you would still see them. Now, I wish it would take all service managers with it lool. Still have the Labs and custom taking up space on my app < insert here greedy grin >

SLC doesn’t show in the app. It shows the devices. You need to go into IDE, My locations, smartapps. to actually see if it’s installed.

According to @workmonk you should NOT have to run discovery for new LAN devices like Hue bulbs. It will just find them once you add them to Hue Bridge. I haven’t tested this theory yet.

1 Like

Any word on the release date?

For now only for hue bulbs, we add the new devices automatically within 5 minutes.

There is one other Hue Architecture change coming next week that we want to test with internal and community beta testers. We’ll comment on the public release after that. One more round of Beta should either be open or should open soon. cc @slagle

2 Likes

Thanks that is good news, I will join if allowed, sounds very promising.

Did anyone try to remove the Hue service manager? I tried last night to no end. Removing hue hub gives me errors, remiving superLan from ide gives me errors…