Super LAN Connect Beta!

What features will this have for Sonos speakers? For Hue lights?

I got in the beta but it wonā€™t work so I think it needs more work.

1 Like

Will it allow my iHome IPS8 to show power within SmartThings? If yes count me in!

The iHome integration uses their cloud API and is not a ā€œLANā€ device as far as SmartThings is concerned.

Are you not taking any more Beta applications?

Could I get in the beta?

@slagle
If/when we have this in our ST setup, will migration of devices be optional, and if so, will it be all-or-nothing, or will we be able to choose which specific devices to migrate?

Also, will this eventually work for Chromecasts as well?

p.s. If itā€™s still possible to get in on the beta, Iā€™d be willing to test.

Mine wonā€™t even migrate so I donā€™t think they have it figured out yet. And I already answered questions related to this program so I doubt they are taking any new ones.

I also noticed no change.
Iā€™ve removed my WeMo switch and wasnā€™t found using the method described.
When using the ā€˜oldā€™ method by selecting the device manually it was found.

Glad I wasnā€™t the only one. And I have samsung M speakers lol

I use a Smart App called Host Pinger to get the status of my connected LAN devices. (i.e. TV, XBox, Play Station, PC, AVR, etcā€¦)

PC control is had through MAC WOL and Event Ghost.

Can this new LAN Connect do the trick of adding PCā€™s and such as well? This would be awesome to have this as a Native implementation into SmartThings!

If not then, I am still covered.

If it has trouble connecting and merging their own equipment I would give my opinion as it far from doing that at the moment.

I was on the beta programme.
I had a WEMO switch and insight.
One migrated with no intervention the other didnā€™t.
The one that didnā€™t was somehow screwed with the WeMo Connect app.
I deleted it and the app and then it could be discovered ok.
Not sure if this helps you but thought I would share my experience in case this does help someone.

I will delete my speaker and try to add it again.

Does anyone know when this will be released, as I am having WeMo Connect meltdown?

They mentioned reopening the beta in the next week or two. Iā€™m guessing they will officially release it along with FW 17.x when it goes to prod.

I heard from @Slagle and he said that next thing will be release version. All I can say is I hope soon. One of my WeMo switches is driving me crazy. It has an IP and works with WeMo App but shows offline in ST. If I remove it from ST and then add it I can turn it on and off as many times as I want but as soon as I stop it goes offline. It is driving me to drink.

@slagle, any idea when this will be released in the wild, I am going nuts with WeMo Connect. I have WeMo switches that say offline in ST but work fine with WeMo App. Thanks.

Itā€™s the other way around for me. Never have an issue in the ST app (unless thereā€™s been a reboot as it takes a few minutes for all the connections to re-establish). Yet I frequently show devices offline in the Wemo app.

1 Like

I have one switch which is offline and no matter what I do I canā€™t get ST to go back online. I have tried resetting, etc. The only way is to remove the WeMo connect, but by doing that all my other working switches would have to be set up again. Also all my automations would be lost.