Sunset automations are not adjusting (3 March 2021)

FWIW, Automations are screwed for sunrise/sunset. Smart Lighting is still handling sunrise/sunset correctly.

I have a (local) virtual switch called “Daytime” which is turned on by Smart Lighting at sunrise, off at sunset. This is working correctly and the time is correctly adjusting day-by-day.

I have another virtual switch that I turn on at sunrise via an automation. It’s all in the cloud, of course. This has been stuck for 2 weeks or so.

I have a third one that used to be triggered via a Routine, but the new-app migration switched that over to a scene+Automation.That is now wrong for sunrise/sunset, of course.

Why do I have more then one of these? I created Daytime over 5 years ago originally just as a Routine. But it was in the cloud. I wanted something local, and eventually created the one controlled by Smart Lighting. When Automations came along, I created that one to see how it worked. I didn’t trust the Automation to work correctly all the time, and it was just back in the cloud anyway. It was funny how often the switch controlled by the Automation didn’t match the other two (until the Routine went away, then the two controlled by the Automation didn’t match the Smart Lighting).

I used to trigger some other things by the status of the Daytime switch, but that was before (1) I realized that’s what Modes were for and (2) I moved all those devices and automations over to Hubitat.

1 Like