Sunrise / Sunset functionality broken

Once a schedule, any schedule, gets broken in smartthings, it won’t restart again until you make some change to the rule that controls that schedule.

So if you have it set to start at 7 PM, you can change it to start at 6:59, save that, and even go back in and change it back again to seven. It doesn’t have to be different than what it was before, it just has to have been saved again.

So you need to figure out exactly which schedule is failing, open that one and change it, save it, and change it again to what you really want it to be, and you should be good to go the next day.

And that’s another thing about sunrise or sunset, if you make a change at 2 PM, it may not show up with that sunset. You may have to wait until sunset the next day. I don’t know exactly what determines whether it happens the same day or not, I just know this is been true for quite a while.

Yes, I’ve tried changing all the settings and saving then changing back and saving then waiting for the next event.

No dice

I also tried deleting altogether and adding back

No dice

I think I’m gonna just try and delete the app and waiting a couple days and add back.

The pesky weather tile device seems to be my schedule fail canary. It dies the most often.

I now have a cron job in my home server that refreshes the weather tile every 30 min via a rest api, and at sunrise/sunset (using the sunwait program https://www.risacher.org/sunwait/ ) too. Since doing THAT a few days ago, my lights (which use the weather tile for fake LUX sensor) are behaving perfectly.

Really should not need to do that, and not really a “consumer” solution, but it works.