Sunlight sensor for sunscreens

Anyone that has found a zigbee or z-wave sensor that can be used to controll sunscreens to close when the sun is out? (must be more than just a twilight sensor, that detects day or night, as I do not want my screens to go down id it is cloudy)

These are stupid expensive with mediocre reviews, but seem to be just what you need.

https://www.amazon.com/Sensative-Temperature-Strips-Comfort-SmartThings/dp/B07DQSTS5Q/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1WKJPTZA4LB6S&keywords=zwave+luminance+sensor&qid=1646828778&sprefix=zwave+luminance+sensor%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-9

If you want sunscreen to be open during the day and closed during the night independent of actal illuminance, why not use Period of Time part of Automation: Day and Night.

1 Like

I’ve used the homeseer mulitsensor (no batteries) that detects glare during specific time periods and then partially closes the shades. When its cloudy they stay open.

1 Like

Thanks all. I am in Europe, so I need a sensor that works with the european frequensies.

I use the Aeotec and Fibaro multi sensors for this and other illuminance triggered routines. Both have proven pretty reliable…

1 Like