Suggest a Device

@Stefan thanks will probably pick one up, still will be an issue to fit behind the tv as the space is maybe 2cm max, let’s see!

1. More models of D-Link cameras. Would be great to use LOCAL IP address. No reason for my local SmartThings to be hitting the web for local IP content like a still image from my D-Link Camera. I have two, DCS-5010L and DCS-932L the following two device types worked GREAT for me even with wrong model numbers — and yes the below code uses LOCAL IP:
    [OBSOLETE] D-Link DCS-930L IP Camera DeviceType
    [OBSOLETE] D-Link DCS-5020L Tilt/Pan Day/Night IP Camera DeviceType (Now With Video Streaming!)

2. Proper refresh/polling ability. I’m using dual channel relays by multiple manufacturers, links below. It will not refresh the state in the ST app unless I run REFRESH tile. Only then my Smart Lights rules fire (to turn the porch light back on after kids turn it off) when I hit that refresh button. I am using Pollster app (also link below) but to be honest this should be a Samsung owned initiative given that you wouldn’t want to poll too often and based on the notion that the ST hub will not always get the latest status from Z-wave unless refreshed.
    Relays:
    Monoprice 11990
    Enerwave ZWN-RSM2
    Pollster:
    google for “smartthings pollster” — sorry only allowed to add 2 links to these posts — weird restriction IMO for a forum.

3. RainMachine Mini-8 which has a local IP API.

4. Allow manual entry or override of WeMo device IP where I can just supply an IP. Auto-search is really annoying.

5. Allow adding of ANY LOCAL IP, let me provide the URL path for Tile 1, then another URL path for tile 2, etc. This would allow me to call any local URL/device as I please and configure as many buttons/tiles as I please. Currently you have to use custom code/device type handler like the camera samples I quote above. Manual ability to do this in the ST app would provide extreme flexibility and zero code.

Thank you for your consideration!

1 Like

Native support for Lutron Caseta switches and remotes.

They are cheap, readily available, and would appreciate it very much.

1 Like

Can you get the tenvis cameras series available to work with Smartthings?

1 Like

@Jeff_P
If you’re a SmartTiles user (link), you may be able to use it with that.
I have a Tenvis IPROBOT3 and am able to get the video stream from it in a tile on my SmartTiles wall-mounted control panels.

1 Like

@thedezza 2cm sounds to tight. Maybe you need to get a thingy that is mounted inside the electric socket instead.

Thanks for doing that @Stefan yes I think you are right so the space question comes into play in the other direction! Thankfully it a false wall so somewhere there will be some space. It’s all a bit tight!

Unfortunately no I have not heard anything yet on whether or not the Baldwin locks work. If I ever find out, ill make sure to post something on herel

How have you got this to work with Smartthings hub? I need a Device Handler of some kind, because it’s not working for me.
Thanks

I would like to add my vote for Lutron Caseta integration, having half my lights on these is the only thing keeping me from moving from Wink to SmartThings.

1 Like

Definitely love retrofit - makes so much sense.

Yes would really want/need ANY HARDWIRED combo/smoke/fire detector … What about supporting the new Wifi First alert combo hardwired unit ? http://www.firstalert.com/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=item&id=1099:onelink-wi-fi-smoke-carbonmonoxide-hardwire

1 Like

+1 for this. I realize you can build your own, but an “out of the box” solution would be great.

1 Like

I got a suggestion. I have Keen vents in all my rooms and have to have a thermometer in each room that needs to be polled frequently to get temp changes to adjust the vents. I also have GE ZWave switches in my rooms for the lights so I need motion as well.

wouldnt it be cool to find a light switch like the GE but with a built in Temp and motion sensor. No more need for batteries and no worries about battery drain from polling for updates.

1 Like

They actually announced a new switch and dimmer with built in motion detector but I haven’t seen anything about a release date. I also haven’t heard anything about it handling temperatures or not.

From their CES press release:

Z-Wave Plus In-Wall Smart Motion Switch / Dimmer

The GE branded Smart Motion Switch with Z-Wave Plus technology incorporates intelligent light and motion sensing technology to detect any movement in a room up to 35+ feet away. With a sensor field up to 180 degrees, the motion sensor can be set for occupancy or vacancy modes and features adjustable sensitivity levels to reduce false triggers caused by pets. With a Z-Wave enabled hub, schedule groups or scenes of lights to automatically turn on and off without ever pressing a button or remotely control lights from a smart device.

2 Likes

Oh my. Yes! This is exactly what we need!
Any place where we can consolidate like this (as long as it’s done well) is a good idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

man if only that had temp

1 Like

@reward72 @robertgreen1 @mdawson

Basic support for IP-controllable Denon and Marantz Receivers

Check out the Denon/Marantz device type @Kristopher put together:

1 Like

Another idea… Motion sensors are nice for triggering events but I have found say I have one to turn on a light when i enter a room and have it set to turn off when I leave. If I am doing something where I dont move much the light will turn off.

thermal sensors would fix this. It would detect your body temperature and would keep the light or activity going as long as you were in the room.

Something like this:

The down side to these devices is that if you use them in a location that has a heat source other than a human being, i.e. a garage, they keep the lights on even if you leave the room. I have this device controlling 15 can lights in my 28’ x 26’ garage.

They do have sensitivity adjustments, but at some point you loose the ability to detect a human.

Now, if this were a Z-Wave compatible device and proximity devices were dependable… well, that would be a different story!