Suggest a Device

Can we get the basics sorted: like the TKB TZ88E with energy monitoring and basic sensors etc. The Official supported list is extremely thin.

How about adding support for the double light switch Tkb tz66d?

Thanks!

1 Like

Another one looking for a zigbee security keypad

If you change the device type to “OSRAM Lightify LED Tunable White 60W”, using the online IDE, those bulbs work great with STv2. You can dim them and change the color temperature. Those downlight retrofits are great for the price ($30): dimmable, adjustable white temperature (2700K to 5000K), 90CRI. I just wish I could have a different rim color.

I would really love to see integrations With denon heos, rather than just sonos and bose.

I am writing the device handler now. It uses some power data that is not native to smart things. Like all devices it is a bit buggy, but once I got them in they work fairly good. I am using them to create the network in my house ( one a room). Note the unit comes with a plate you have to use as metal will weaken the signal. One one plug is controlled the other one with on all the time. I need about 2 more weeks to get the registration working correctly. Today you have to join it as a thing, and then reassign it in the dev web graph pages. Here is my github that has the device handler. link

Hi,

I just bought a SmartThings Hub, as part of my home security setup.
I really, really wish there could be native support for the EnvisaLink 3 and/or 4. It’s a module that adds to existing DSC/Ademco/… alarm panels and make available all the sensors of the alarm, and it also allows for control of the alarm.

Yes there are hacks in the forum requiring a server/computer to run some software to translate the HTTP requests between the EnvisaLink and the SmartThings world, but that’s really ugly. Native EnvisaLink support would really be good and Vera has it, and it’s well used.

Considering there are millions of compatible alarm panels out there, it would greatly enhance the SmartThings experience and widen the possible customer base dramatically.

I’m pretty sure this request is going to be lose within the other requests but looking at the forum I really feel it’s a common request. Because EnvisaLink publishes all the documentation, and because it’s a very stable product, I think there is no barrier for the SmartThings team to do the integration.

Thanks !

1 Like

I would like to see support for Fibaro Wall plug. I think it’s called FGWPF-102 (US version might be called something else). Maybe it’s already working but not in the list yet.
It looks really cool and take up little space.
http://www.fibaro.com/en/the-fibaro-system/wall-plug

Nice looking device. Zwave plus allows for somewhat smaller devices, so we are starting to see the smaller pocket sockets come to market. Fibaro is not making a US equivalent of this that I’m aware of.

Based on the official conformance statement, this should pair as a binary switch, so out of the box you should have on/off control of it with SmartThings. However, it has some additional features for energy monitoring and the fancy light ring on the front that acts as a notifier for energy consumption, and those would probably require a custom device type.

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/993

Also, just a note that this device does not support beaming, so it will not act as a repeater for a zwave lock. That’s a little unusual for a pocket socket, but I’m guessing they sacrificed some features to get the size even smaller.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for all info and the link. It’s a lot to learn about IoT :smile:

1 Like

May consider some of the Samsung smart locks.
It should be easy since they’re under same umbrella company.:smile:

1 Like

Chromecast Audio would be awesome if it could be integrated.

I have a handful of them connected to bluetooth speakers with aux inputs. The audio systems sound great, I just need home notifications that don’t rely on one of the HP Touchsmart PCs being on at all times and sucking power.

2 Likes

Just want to make sure, for something to work without internet connectivity, it needs to be whitelisted. - is the compatible products link on the smartthings website the “whitelist” Or should I be looking somewhere else?

They haven’t yet published the whitelist anywhere that I know of. It’s definitely smaller than the compatible products list. @slagle was working on getting the details.

2 Likes

The Plum Wifi lightpads have shipped, and are pretty slick devices. yes, they work by themselves to provide whole home control, scenes, events, but rules driven automations are lacking and they SCREAM for ST integration. Should apparently have an open API, but that’s the extent of my knowledge.

Once they publish their API, SmartThings should be able to work with them as a cloud to cloud service. But they have to publish the API first.

Even then, if the Internet goes out, the SmartThings integration will likely be lost. SmartThings at present doesn’t really do local lan integration. I commend plum for realizing that most people want to still be able to use their phone app to control their lights as long as their local Wi-Fi is still up.

My dog just got her whistle gps in yesterday and it would be nice to use it as a presence sensor so I can see when my dog is away from home.

1 Like

Enerwave ZWN-RSM1S Z-Wave Smart Single Relay Switch Module, Convert Any In-Wall Switch to a Z-Wave Enabled Switch - 120-277VAC 50/60Hz 908.42MHz(US) Range up to 100ft Works as a Repeater to Extend Range.

This item would be a great addition. It provides two functions by controlling a light switch and extends the range of the hub!

It should pair and work just fine.

Doorbell Cameras like:
-Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell
-SkyBell Wi-Fi Video Doorbell Version 2.0

Other branded Security Cameras:
-FLIR FX Indoor Wi-Fi Wireless 1080P HD Video Monitoring Security Camera (Outdoor housing seperate)
-Foscams
-Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System

Presence Sensors/ Health - Wearables:
-Fitbit
-Misfit
-Etc

BlueTooth Speakers

1. Feed from PC or Mac music library to ST Hub to any Bluetooth Device on its connection list. Basically open Smartthings App, go to music library, play list, select room with said bluetooth speaker and wah-lah. No Crazy expensive Sonos system. If the distance is an issue between HUB and BT, then create & sell a Smartthings BT range extender.
  2. Intercom features. Same idea as #1…Open ST app, select intercom, select room with BlueTooth Speaker and then speak. No yelling across the house and sore throats. If you have teens, you know what I mean!

One of the promises I thought I saw when V2 was announced and when it was announced that Samsung acquired SmartThings was that SmartThings would continue to support and add non-Samsung devices to their list (not be proprietary to just Samsung devices). So far…concerning cameras, I’m not getting a warm fuzzy. I know Samsung wants to promote their Smartcam HD, but it’s not all that of a great device…and it’s not an outdoors cam. Yes I know they have D-Link on the site list, but they aren’t exactly pushing any tech barriers.

4 Likes