Sudden problem with (2) Aeon Minimotes since yesterday

What’s going on with support? I got a response to my email under a different header not even related to my minimotes not working, no ticket number and just a generic response.

Yeah, didnt get the jest of the email either. Two problems rolled into one? neither of which describes my two issues (minmote and Routine errors). Almost sounded like routine changes and minimote problems are interjoined. I “fixed” my minimote but my apps with routine changes still bomb :frowning:

1 Like

I just received this from SmartThing after reporting the Aeon Minimotes problem…

Sarah (SmartThings)
Sep 8, 9:49 AM MST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out!

I am very sorry to hear you are running into this issue. This is a bug on our end that we are actively working on resolving as quickly as possible. I have tagged your email address so we can follow up with you as soon as a fix has been deployed. If there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime, please let us know!

Thank you for your patience with us through this and we’ll talk to you soon.

Sarah
SmartThings Support Team

1 Like

Subject: [SmartThings] Re: Routine SmartApps Not Working

Same reply here, but Morgan C. signed it…

Fix for the Minimote issues is building now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been using the custom “Remote Controller” app to change routines. At some point today it stopped working. I then rebooted the hub, no luck. Removed and re-added the app, no luck. I then tried the built-in “Button Controller” app and still no luck. Interestingly, the Smart Lighting app still works to control the lights. I also have 3 minimotes and none of them works when it comes to changing routines.

Anyone else having issues?

Same here. I just logged in to the community to see if it was only me. Feel better that someone else feels my pain. Feel worse that there is yet another glitch that causing my wife to second guess this whole HA thing…just when I recently got her on board…argggg

2 Likes

Awesome, I did a search but couldn’t find anything specific to the Remote Controller app therefore created a new thread. I just submitted a ticket to support.

It doesn’t appear to be the button controller app, it appears to be the device type handler. But in any case you probably were all posting at once, there’s been about five new threads in the last hour. :scream:

2 Likes

What’s interesting for me is I can still use the minimotes to control lights, just not changing routines…

I’m a brand new Smart Things user - just logged into this forum for the first time to find answers for this very issue. My minimote arrived yesterday, and I’m disappointed to discover that I’m unable to change routines with it. It acknowledges when a button is pressed, but that’s about it.

1 Like

You will be able to change routines once ST fixes the issues. We’re all having the same issues just hang tight.

2 Likes

My minimote is lost connection with my hub last night, I don’t know why it just not communicating anymore. I saw there’s no activity on minimote recent activity.
I open minimote setting option (gear icon), and there’s only rename, replace, and remove option.
And then I try click replace, loading… it’s so long then I tap back arrow, and then my minimote is gone from things list.

until now, I still can get my minimote back to ST system.
I follow several instruction
here : https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/202087904-Aeon-Labs-Minimote
and here : http://www.zwaveproducts.com/product-documentation/AeonLabs_DSA03202-v1-manual.pdf1

Still no response from hub to acknowledge the minimote, I do reset the minimote, try different scenario to add it to ST hub, still not successful yet.
My minimote version is the one with 1,2,3,4 button and + - and join button
As I remember, I never update the firmware
And just last night is the first issue with my minimote since I buy it with my V1 ST hub

Anyone know how to solve this ?

1 Like

Did you try recharging it?

Yes, I try two different power mode, battery powered (at fully charged) and usb powered

I’m not sure, then. It’s an officially supported device, so you might just go ahead and get in touch with support. They may be able to see something from their side.

I think I had the same thing happen yesterday. After charging the Minomote it seemed completely dead where no LEDs would light on button press. Tried reset and other buttons without success. I plugged it back in to recharge. After recharging, the red LED continually flashed, but nothing could get it out of this mode.

Finally, reloading the 1.19 firmware got it to work again.

1 Like

Finally my minimote is working again, without do anything :neutral_face:
Since yesterday, I’m waiting for the answer from community and also support, now I try again, add thing at ST app, push learn or join on the minimote then ST found it very quickly

2 Likes

My minimote is lost connection with my hub last night, I don’t know why it just not communicating anymore. I saw there’s no activity on minimote recent activity.
I open minimote setting option (gear icon), and there’s only rename, replace, and remove option.
And then I try click replace, loading… it’s so long then I tap back arrow, and then my minimote is gone from things list.

until now, I still can get my minimote back to ST system.
I follow several instruction
here : https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/202087904-Aeon-Labs-Minimote
and here : http://www.zwaveproducts.com/product-documentation/AeonLabs_DSA03202-v1-manual.pdf

Still no response from hub to acknowledge the minimote, I do reset the minimote, try different scenario to add it to ST hub, still not successful yet.
My minimote version is the one with 1,2,3,4 button and + - and join button
As I remember, I never update the firmware
And just last night is the first issue with my minimote since I buy it with my V1 ST hub

Anyone know how to solve this ?

This may be very obvious but the first time a Minimote quit working I was wondering what was happening. The battery was low. You probably already have a full charge but thought I should throw that out there just in case. The charge lasts forever so you kind of forget they need to be charged. I now have s Google calendar reminder setup.

1 Like