Sudden problem with (2) Aeon Minimotes since yesterday

add me to the list mine started not working sometime yesterday. worked at 5AM when I got up then nothing. worked this morning now nothing. Hold works but push doesnt unless you hold the button first. On one of them the #2 button works for push but none of the others do

Not being an ass out anything… But while the stick dth isn’t working… How’s that local processing?

I noticed this problem with my minimote last night. I’ll see if I can find out anything.

6 Likes

I think the issue is bigger than just minimotes. I have noticed that since yesterday My pistons that use triggers vs conditions are not firing properly. Such as open the garage when i get home. It will change mode to home and disable the alarm but does not open the garage and my patio lights were setup on a trigger and did not work until I changed them to a condition.

7:20:48 AM: info ║║░░ Executing virtual command executeRoutine (ERROR EXECUTING TASK [taskId:2, time:1473337248075, idx:3, marker:1473337248248, created:1473337248206, ownerId:10, data:[p:[[d:Shutdown, t:routine, i:0]]], type:cmd]: org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: could not initialize proxy - no Session) (47ms)
7:20:48 AM: info ║║░░ Executing virtual command executeRoutine (ERROR EXECUTING TASK [taskId:1, time:1473337248075, idx:2, marker:1473337248248, created:1473337248173, ownerId:10, data:[p:[[d:Store Run, t:routine, i:0]]], type:cmd]: org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: could not initialize proxy - no Session) (48ms)

Ya I had the same issue with my Minimotes and I changed the device and it worked, but now my echo is having problems. I am going to venture and say this is big.

Not to take my own thread too far off-topic, but could someone give a 30-second summary of what’s meant by “local processing”? I am slowly learning how to improve my setup but don’t have time right now for serious reading and studying.

Over time, finding workarounds to things that used to work is tiresome. Sometimes it is easier to just not use it for a while.

Issues like this take people out of the IoT market.

5 Likes

I’m probably part of this crowd too. I tried to do my bedtime routine from the minimote didn’t work. Tried changing fan. No go. I did see the button presses in the mobile app recent activity. Was bedtime so just went a different route. To tired to look any further as to why.

had to uninstall echo app reinstall power cycle lights and now its fine. So now I have the minimotes and echo back to 100%… This was a fun morning :wink:

Remember the days when there was a simple on and off switch and nothing was connected to the internet. Oh how life was simple.

1 Like

If you use the official device handler, pressing the button should be faster and more robust because it doesn’t have to go through the Internet.

For me however, my minimote smartapps weren’t running locally:

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/localInstalledSmartApp/list

1 Like

The community DTH runs cloud only meaning if the hub goes offline due to internet outage the minimotes will fail to execute.

What baffles me is supposedly the local DTH on the hub were supposedly stored in firmware.

The only change in the last 24 hours was a platform hotfix which should not have had any effect on local processing.

Other zwave devices work locally so I don’t know what’s going on. Worse yet, no one from ST will even respond to support requests or inquiries.

Stay tuned.

3 Likes

Hehe, yeah! :grin: Good thing it isn’t in a critical use…

Seems so. Didn’t @slagle say in another thread updates were being rolled out to the cloud, release notes to follow?

1 Like

Mine stopped (well some are kinda working sometimes, very sluggishly and not all functions) last night too. That’s why I’m here searching for answers. -Rob

1 Like

Exactly what happens to both my minimotes.

Just adding myself to the chorus. All 3 of my minimotes stopped working sometime yesterday. I’ve reported it to support as well.

This new DH fixed my problem:

2 Likes

Send in the tickets :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t hesitate to reach out to support@.

It looks like there are potentially a couple different issues driving the recent issue reports. We just pushed a brief status page notification and will continue providing updates.

4 Likes