Successfully paired Kudled Color Bulb (Chinese Hue A19 Bulb Copy Cat, $23) with Philips Hue Bridge

have you tried to pair with Philips Hue bridge? i just received two bulbs yesterday and paired effortlessly with Hue bridge. Took a little bit more effort to pair with ST Hub. I guess the problem is with the Hub being ZHA, while the bulb talks ZLL.

Only the rgb bulb work with hue.

Mine are all CT ones. I have light strip, bulb and the ceiling lamp fixture.

Finally got mine today, nearly 2 months to ship to Canada. I tried the on/off 3 times and the hue app picked it up as a extended colour light. The bulb never flashed or changed colours after the on/off method and it does nothing when trying to control it either. So I have a bulb thats connected but not controllable, if I turn the power off to the bulb it will show unreachable as well, This is on the hue hub v2, whats the reset procedure for these? Thx

I have 2 bulbs. Both picked up by Hue app right out of the box without any reset. But I did a reset anyway just out of curiosity to see if it blinks. I continuously did an On/Off (more than 3 times, maybe 5 times or more, I didnt count) until it flashes once. Pink (or red?) but flashes only once and turns off. Picked up by Hue after that and controllable too. Try it and hope it resolves your issue.

I tried again before work this morning. Still not getting it to flash. I tried on/off slow and fast. Pretty fustrating, looks like I just need to keep trying after reading this thread. What speed of on/off worked for you?

Approximately 2 sets of On/Off per second.

But the strange thing is that you manage to pair it to the Hue bridge which means you don’t even need to reset the bulb.

Have you tried controlling with apps other than the official Hue app i.e. Hue Pro or Lampshade?

Yea it’s very weird why I can’t control them. I added them to ST to see if I could get them to turn on but still no go. It’s almost like the leds circuit are not connected to the bulb power. I will try your on/off method tonight when I get home. It would b nice to get it to flash.

Well looks like I may need to contact the seller and get a refund. I downloaded the new philips app and tried again. After a few min of on/off it discovered the light, but it still did not flash. Its again paired as a extended color light, model:FB56-ZCW08KU1.0 with a software version of 1.0.2. Why this light is able to pair but not controlled is beyond me, very fustrating after hearing these success stories and waiting 2 months for this. Any ideas haha. I guess ill try to pair it to my ST hub next.

Ha exactly what I thought. How the f**k is the light supposed to work if the leds are not even connected. There’s even a broken screw and a mark on the board where the screwdriver probably slipped. Serious quality control problems.

I just got my Kudled light bulbs from Tmall Kudled shop, 3x color and 3x CT (White). So far 4 can pair upon switch on, 2 require on-off technique.

I managed to pair them all and got it working, but I realized that ST hub only accept color bulbs to be listed as device, even though my hue bridge accepted all. Hence, for those looking for alternative, I will suggest you to get color version.

My experience with it is ok, the color is quite different from hue light bulb, but acceptable for the price given.

u managed to pair the CT ones to the hue bridge?

V1 or v2?

Hue bridge v2. Also just realized Siri control won’t work for Kudled bulbs.

Thanks for the tip. I managed to pair the Kudled CT bulbs to my hue bridge v1. INSTANTLY!

Dunno whats wrong with the ST hub. Its seriously screwed.

Next problem is intergration from Hue Bridge to ST is broken.

Seems it dont recognise the CT bulbs. I can discover the Philips Hue Bridge and 2 bulbs connected to it.

But it does not appear as a thing in ST hub.

Oh well!

Finally mounted the 2x CT Kudled ceiling lamps.

Looks nice~ I actually wanted to buy that but I was worrying about the compatibilities with Hue bridge & SmartThings hub, so I went to Ikea and bought ceiling lights that accept E27 light bulb instead.

Meanwhile I am getting additional Kudled colour bulbs and going to keep the CT bulb as contingency.

I paired directly to ST hub. Same device handler as the CT bulb.

But pairing it was
 painful
 extremely.

Honestly I feel that the pain is not worth it, better use Hue Bridge for the integration.

By the way, I managed to control the Kudled CT light bulb in SmartThings via this Hue Advanced (Connect), and I am very happy with it now. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tip.

have paired the remaining stubborn bulbs to a v1 Phillips Hue hub gotten from ebay on the cheap.

Working ok.

I have two of these bulbs working well with Hue and like 80% of the way functional in SmartThings. I am having an issue where if I turn the bulbs off from SmartThings, they do not actually turn all the way off, they dim to like 10%. When I look in the Hue app, it shows the bulbs as on with their dimmers slide to the lowest setting and I can tap on the bulbs from inside the Hue app to power them off without issues. Why is SmartThings insisting on dimming these rather than shutting them off?

Edit: I had some weird Device Type assigned to the Kudled bulbs. Paired them as Hue bulbs and now they are working great. Not bad at all for the price!

Hi have bought this Kudled Zigbee 1.2 HA bulb.
I would really like to pair it with my ST Hub V2 only. Not Hue. I would like to use it as a Zigbee extender.

But it won’t show up as a new “Thing” no matter what. Did the flip switch 5 times, the bulb shows some colors etc.

Any help?