[Successfully Funded] An Echo for CoRE's Developer!

Perhaps you should either update OP to include both developer’s paypal accounts so that they don’t have to keep passing funds back and forth?

3 Likes

Done! Great idea…

3 Likes

Thanks again for everyone that contributed. Adrian has his money and the Echo is on its way!

4 Likes

Whoop Whoop! Thank you all!

Alexa is arriving one day early! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is not the documented or suggested way to do parent/child apps. You really should have two files with separate names on the same namespace.

1 Like

I don’t think there is any mention on whether the apps need to be two physical files. But regardless, it all worked fine on both iOS and Android until Android started having this issue. Looks like this started with the last Android update :frowning: Who should I see about this please? It is just much easier for the user to update one app and for the developer to not worry about incompatibilities between parent and child versions. Makes perfect sense to get this into one app, just minor tweaks on ST’s end to fix what has been broken… Please…

2 Likes

In the SmartApp you wish to serve as the child, specify the parent option in the child SmartApp’s definition, in the form of “namespace”:“Parent App Name”

You can’t do this without having two separate files.

May I cheat?

parent: parent ? "ady624.CoRE" : null

1 Like

You can try, but operating outside of documented functions will have varied results.

1 Like

You know…

This is how things should be!

Very cool

1 Like

This is universally good advice.

the android client is the only one having any issues. I added this into the latest Nest Manager and it works great. With the exception of the stupid Android client that is always screwed up

2 Likes

I’m late’ish to this party but in too.

I completely missed this thread as I was mostly offline travelling (that’s my story anyhow :slight_smile: )

I’m a big fan of @MichaelS Ask Alexa and have contributed previously but keen to do more.

I’ve not had a chance to play with CoRE yet other than read the various posts. I’m also keen to support @ady624 Adrian too as I see this as an important component and next chapter for ST uses.

Great work both (and @SBDOBRESCU + community) ; you have my support mentally and physically!!!