SmartThings Community

Stuck in Configuration Loop

I am developing a simple SmartApp, however I am getting stuck in the configuration lifecycle. Every time I use the app to connect the App, I get the CONFIGURATION -> INITIALIZE package. I respond and I get the CONFIGURATION -> PAGE package. I respond again, ensuring that complete: true is specified so that the app knows that it is the only page I want configured, and then the page is brought to the app allowing me to choose which button I want to watch. So far so good. When I then choose the device I want to watch and press “done”, the app starts displaying a cycling blue line, at which point my app receives an identical to the first CONFIGURATION -> INITIALIZE package again, which leads to CONFIGURATION -> PAGE again, and I am returned to selecting a button. I do not receive any INSTALL packages, and I can not progress further with setting up my app. I currently am logging all of the received messages from SmartThings and am not receiving any errors.

Response to Initialize Package

"configurationData": {
    "initialize": {
      "name": "frb",
      "description": "description",
      "id": "app",
      "permissions": [],
      "firstPageId": "1"
    }
  }
}```

Response to Page Package
```{
  "configurationData": {
    "page": {
      "pageId": "1",
      "name": "frb",
      "nextPageId": null,
      "previousPageId": null,
      "complete": true,
      "sections": [
        {
        	"name": "Pick a button",
          	"settings": [
            	{
            	  "id": "create the trigger",
            	  "name": "Pick One",
            	  "description": "Tap to set",
            	  "type": "DEVICE",
            	  "required": true,
            	  "multiple": false,
            	  "capabilities": [
            	    "button"
            	  ],
            	  "permissions": [
            	    "r"
            	  ]
            	}
          	]
        }
      ]
    }
  }
}```

Hi, just wanted to let you know I responded on your reddit thread, but we can continue discussion wherever you prefer. :+1:

Thank you man! I commented back on reddit saying that by adding the permission to the INITIALIZE step it actually failed quicker and I never receive a PAGE package because of that one change.

I would suggest going to the developer workspace “Test” -> “Live Logging” and then walking through your installation (configuration of automation). If you want to chat about this quicker, hit me up in our community Slack!