Stuck at "Setting up hub"

Yep…Beer & Electronics…Maybe not a good Idea…Doing it anyway…

1 Like

Not working here either. I removed the hub from the api webpage, power cycled the hub, waited for solid green lights and tried to add it back with the android app… The app says “Hub failed update. Please check your hubs connection”… which is what it has always said when removing and re-adding it.

Have you contacted Support, the issue may be with your hub.

Yeah, like a week ago… as well as initiated chats with them. Pretty much a waste of my time, as they don’t tell you anything.

Anyone that had solid blue led’s before ST issue was fixed actually working now?

When i plugged in my hub last night I couldn’t get pst hub is offline, so today I removed all 70+ of my devices from hub v1 and still couldn’t get anywhere. After an email to support and the issue being resolved I still just have solid blue leds.

That didnt fix my problems. Still doing the samething. I hope i dont have to fight with support for a week to get this hub replaced.

Add another person to the list having this problem. Tried everything suggested here and no luck…

A little before 9 I happened to glance over and noticed my hub lights were green. They were blue for a couple hours though…

Still no response from customer support. They must be dealing with massive problems or Smartthings are a Mon-Fri 9-5 support company. I know it is difficult but customers need weekend support.

1 Like

Hi, i have to same problem. I tried setting up my hub with no luck. I assumed it was a straight up faulty unit so I went back to pc world and got a replacement but the new one has the same fault! I dont really know what to do?

They blamed bad firmware on mine last night however they pushed out an update to fix it. After the update I was only able to add smartthings door sensors. Nothing else will add. Their support lacks incredibly. This is super frustrating. I have about $1500 into my system and now I can monitor doors and spent hours of frustration trying to get my other devices to add. I don’t live in a bad neighborhood but for most this is a huge liability having their security system disabled. .

1 Like

My hub seems to have finally updated and finished setting itself up. Every attempt to add a device has failed though. :frowning: Still nothing back from SmartThings support.

1 Like

I just dont know what to do? My hub is not working and we have had no support?

Well I just figured out a couple of things. If you followed their documentation on removing items, none of the zwave items removed themselves. This is a pain on trying to add them because it just won’t work. I had to do the exclusion mode.

Tap the menu
Tap My Locations
Tap the gear icon beside your Location
Tap your Hub
Tap Z-Wave Utilities
Tap General Device Exclusion
When you see the message “Please follow manufacturer’s instructions to remove the Z-Wave device from My SmartThings,” This last step means that you follow the process you performed to add the device. Once verified your phone will say device excluded.

I hope that helps. I am 75% setup with my devices. Still working on getting the rest done.

Yep… Nothing here either… I tried creating a second ticket… but nothing! Creating a new Welcome code seems like a common thing. But the thing I don’t get is the ZERO communication beyond an automated ZenDesk email for 1+ days now. A ‘we are working through high tickets’, or ‘we don’t work weekends would be fine’ as I could plan…
Thinking about sending it back and waiting for more Nest Devices if this is how they treat new customers.

Just chiming in to say I’ve still not made any progress… v1 hub was working like a champ. Frustrating part is I have z-wave devices that are difficult to get to and I don’t want to put everything back until they are paired to the new hub. This is not how you want to kickoff a new hub deployment… Perhpas should have looked at a few alternatives (i.e. Wink or Securifi)

Nothing from support either. I understand it’s the weekend but come on you just sold a ton of new hubs. I really hope its a firmware push type of fix but I don’t like what I’m reading in the thread about people having real issues including devices.

New User here, same issues, although, mines seems to have connected, yet I am getting “you are not authorised to perform this action” in the app. Can’t figure it out. Emailed support, will wait and see.

Anyone still having trouble, I understand your frustration. Here is what I did. I’ve gotten things rebuilt to about 90% on V2. I still have a few things left to configure yet.

Unplug Your Hub and remove the batteries
Login to the IDE, remove all devices, hubs, locations, the devices you should really remove via the exclude process or you’ll have more work adding them back. (This will clear your 1 time use code)
Close your SmarThings App (you may need to force close)
Setup your router firewall rules per above (FWD Ports 37, 9443, 11111, 39500 to your ST hub)
Plug In your hub to power and ethernet (I did not put batteries back in yet)
Open SmartThings App (you may need to login)
Add a hub using your 1 time use code

If after all that you get stuck on the SmartThings app of please wait and the light on your hub is stays blue.

Login to the IDE and verify if your hub and location are listed again, if they are then close the SmartThings app and walk away for a couple hours. Leave everything else as you just did in the above steps. If they are not in the IDE repeat the above steps until they are.

Once the lights on your hub turn green you should be able to start adding your devices.

If when you removed your zwave devices from hub v1 they were not excluded you may have issues getting them added. You will need to use the general exclude option and run they process for exclude on your device. (This will vary per device)

I can’t promise this will work, or that all steps are necessary but this is what worked for me.

Good Luck!

I’m getting “Access denied” at the locations section, and am getting “unauthorised” within the app too. Almost like there is something pending in the background.

@moikey Sounds like you have a glitch. If you can’t access the locations in the IDE or in the App you either don’t have any or something else is wrong. Support can fix whatever it is, but try to just go to the next step while you wait for them.