Stuck at "Setting up hub"

I had no luck getting anything on my hub to work. I get the the solid green light but it will never go to flashing when trying to pair. Couldnt get it to find my smartcams, zwave lock, smatthing sensors etc…

Also when i go onto https://graph.api.smartthings.com it show the hub with a very weird localIP: 10.0.1.55.

So I have deleted the hub and try to set up again. This did nothing new. So i try again to set it up with the hub not even powered or connected to internet since i believe the hub is never really getting set up to my account. And it let me complete the hub set up without it even plug in or power on. It say in the mobile app that the hub is active after setting up and then say inactive right after that and the hub was not even power on this time. It show on graph.api.smartthing that my hub is:
Home Hub (ACTIVE)
And its still not plugged in or connect to ethernet.

appengineConnected: true
appengineEnabled: true
appengineVersion: 1.0.17
backupVersion: 0.0.0
batteryInUse: false
bootloaderVersion: 0
hardwareID: 000D
localIP: 10.0.1.55
localSrvPortTCP: 39500
localSrvPortUDP: 0
macAddress: D0:52:A8:44:B2:1C
videocoreVersion: 0.8.6
zigbeeChannel: 20
zigbeeEui: D052A844B3A80001
zigbeeFirmware: 2.0.31
zigbeeNodeID: 0000
zigbeePanID: 0110
zigbeePowerLevel: -2
zwaveControllerStatus: 35
zwaveHomeID: D73DC8CE
zwaveNodeID: 01
zwavePowerLevel: 0
zwaveRegion: 1
zwaveSerialVersion: 0
zwaveSucID: 01
zwaveVersion: 0000

Sent all this to support. Sucks i get the hub on friday and spent hours trying everything to get this set up and have to wait all weekend to here anything back from support. Had saturday with wife and kids aways so i could get everything set up… just my luck lol.

Anyone have any idea on whats going on? In the mobile app its shows my hub active and its not plug in or connected to internet. It will let me try to search for new things and see the hub status.

1 Like

If they don’t get back to me by tuesday, I think I’m just going to ask for a refund. I shouldn’t have to be the one to keep trying to get feedback from them as to what’s going on. I’ve been left in the dark for a week… they pretty much have ZERO customer service.

Maybe they can come back to the thread and tell us what they had for breakfast.

I heard back from support late last evening and I too, will be getting a new hub… The email from support sounded like there was a whole batch of hubs shipped that in some way are faulty. I had good response from the SmartThings support Team (Nate & Chuck) - about two hour turn around. I hope my next unit arrives quickly & connects w/o any problems.

I seem to be experiencing the same problem as many have mentioned. Green lights on the hub, hub “offline” and inability to connect with existing or new devices. I sent support a message as chat is offline.

Same issue for me. Got the new V2 today and it takes forever at the setting up yout hub. Then when it does work it will never go into inclusion mode with the flashing green led

My New V2 Hub went active for about an hour and then it suddenly quit communicating - it now shows as offline / inactive - unplugged, removed batteries , etc. Internet connect is fine.

Same problem as you guys. Just sitting on green lights, can’t get app to add my hub. Says 000D in website. Tried all the same stuff.

I got mine, ran through the setup but it failed at the connect Hub stage. No reply from support for me yet.
Seems that a whole bunch of them just don’t work.

This is going to sound Wonky, but this is what I did to get the hub running. Once I got the stall on the connect page, I force closed the app, unplugged and removed the batteries on the Hub, waited 5 minutes, plugged the Hub back in but did not put the batteries in, I have a battery backup anyway. I then relaunched the App, it is crazy, but hub was connected but app showed “Hub Not Active”, about 30 minutes later, got a push notification that the hub was active. Now, when i tried to connect things, everything failed. So, being very frustrated, I walked away. An hour later, I tried to connect a z-wave switch, just to see, since I had not heard from Support and was sure it would be Monday anyway. The switch CONNECTED !!! I then was able to connect everything and setup all my apps. This was very WONKY, but, I wonder if there is just a big delay because so many people are trying to connect their new Hub…

1 Like

I also have the same situation, initial setup is going on for 30 mins now…something is seriously messed up with the new devices…I am using Android, I was super excited when getting the new Hub V2, waited for it so long, thought at least initial setup should be smooth…very frustrating…probably returning this back

I’ll just add my name to the list with this problem. Hub got stuck at setting up, I let it go for about 10 mins, but since the light was solid green, I figured something was up.

I killed and restarted the app and it let me add my Philips Hue bulbs, but now the app is showing “Hub Offline” even though the light is solid green.

I tried to delete both the Hub and my Location to start over, but both produced errors. Maybe just waiting Robert mentioned will do the trick. Sucks I got my new v2 Hub on Saturday and there’s no support until Monday.

and guess what… I’m another one with the same issue :-(. Hub stuck as in active, ports forwarded. It shows on the dev site removed, re added no difference :-(.

I was able to get the hub connected to my account today (solid green light and shows active). The last message I see in Hello, Home is “Your SmarThings Hub at Home is now active and it is getting an update. It’ll be back online shortly.” The hub has been in this state for a few hours. I’ve also tried to add a device with no luck. Pulling power/batteries and trying again seems to leave it in the same state.

I’ve e-mailed support, but I’m dead in the water. Definitely not a smooth upgrade and quite frustrated! Definitely regretting jumping on the pre-order right now.

I got that “Your SmartThings Hub at Home is now active and it is getting an update. It’ll be back online shortly.” too and after it came back it seems to be working OK. :pray:

Same issues here. My hub shows online but I can’t add anything. Here is the response from Support:

Ryan (SmartThings)
Sep 19, 5:48 PM

Hi Anthony,

I’m really sorry for the trouble. Unfortunately, we’ve identified an issue that’s causing issues with the firmware update process and device pairing for new hub users. Our engineering team is actively looking in to it, and working on the fix. We’ve updated our status page, and will be posting any developments there. Of course, we’ll also reach out to you here once we’ve confirmed the issue is fixed. Again, I’m very sorry for the trouble.

Stay tuned.

Regards,

Ryan

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this. Glad to know they’re working on it.

You may want to check the status page and subscribe. They acknowledged the issue and now says operational in the last 5 minutes. Did you guys try?

http://status.smartthings.com

It does seem to be working, my hub updated and everything seems to be working…Way To Go Support…On a Saturday even…

Now spend the night … A Saturday night setting it up! :wink:

Thanks for the update. Weird that they did not let customers with open tickets know this.
Seems that dev and support are not connected. I will bare this in mind.
I was super excited to to get the Smart things Hub now I am worried it will be glitchy …
Still not working for me and no response from support…

1 Like