STHM disappeared overnight

Brad - how do I get back to just one instance? For reference, I can’t see from my side that I have two instances. I just looks like the normal dashboard with the single instance of STHM.

Go into the menu, the 3 — bars on the left of the main screen. Then go into smart apps. Sthm will show there. Long hold, hit the - and that will delete it. Then re-add with +. However, that only worked one day for me. Disappeared this morning again.

Today’s response from asking a question in the App. Doesn’t work.

G (SmartThings)

Jan 22, 8:42 AM MST

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting Samsung SmartThings Support.

I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

In regards to your concern, I recommend that you to clear the app cache and data, as well as uninstall and reinstall the application. Please follow the steps provided below.

Android:

1. Settings
  2. Applications
  3. SmartThings
  4. Storage
  5. Clear Cache& Data

Uninstall and reinstall the application:

1. Settings
  2. Applications
  3. SmartThings
  4. Uninstall
  5. Reinstall the application from the Play Store

Hopefully, this helps. If your issue still persists, please email us back with screenshots of notifications. We are committed to resolving your concerns.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Swarna Rekha
Samsung SmartThings Support

Maybe? I removed SHM from Classic a while back and only used STHM in the new app, but mine disappeared yesterday as well. I still haven’t heard of a definitive root cause, but I’m back up and running with it on the dashboard. As inconvenient as it was, at least getting to it via SmartApps could help if a mobile presence sensor and Automation didn’t disarm. Luckily all that back end stuff was still in place.

Nah, doubt it. I don’t remember where/when in the community it was, but a while back I made a post about having to abandon scenes, automations, and STHM in the new app due to incidents exactly like this with STHM disappearing and throwing messages about sensor issues on the dashboard, as well as ghost automations running after removing them. It took ST quite some time to get that fixed, so maybe for me the residual impact was less than folks like yourself that had some funky crap left in the background you can’t see or get to without elevated permissions.

I feel confident that’s not my problem. I haven’t been using the Classic App for a long time and deleted the SHM from it because it was in direct conflict with STHM. And, the problem isn’t that the STHM is being deleted daily it’s just disappearing from the Dashboard and you can’t get it to add back. Yes, you can go to the App menu to Smart apps and control your alarm in the Android App but that doesn’t work in the Apple phones App. I have 2 homes where SmartThings is installed and having this issue out of both homes/Hubs.

From what I know, you would see both under SmartApps in the app.

I removed the duplicate for you though.

Just so I understand, STHM isn’t uninstalling itself but it is being removed from the Dashboard in the app? If so, do you have the option to add it back if you edit the dashboard?

That was my scenario, yes.

Nope. It was gone there too.

Not sure how the others experienced this, which seems like there a few different scenarios to be honest.

1 Like

Yes, removed from Dashboard but I can still access through menu, however, even though it shows up under the menu, under SmartApps, my daughter in law can not control the setting to arm/disarm with her I-Phone but I can with my Android.

It sounds like I had a similar experience as @johnconstantelo . I didn’t do anything to fix it and waited for ST to fix the issue on their end. I have not had any additional problems since.

[SmartThings status] Resolved: Issues with SmartThings Home Monitor http://stspg.io/b6mjwjjfysky

How did you reinstalled and set up again STHM ?. Thanks !

It should be under smartapps in the new app.