Stelpro releases the first Z-Wave Plus Line-Voltage thermostat: the STZW402+ Stelpro Ki Thermostat

Thanks for taking time creating this smart app that makes the stelpro more functional that the default control of the ST application. I tried creating smart app from your code but this is what I got:
No signature of method: script1490418496263286009026.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script1490418496263286009026$_run_closure1) values: [script1490418496263286009026$_run_closure1@5fdab025] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Am i doing something wrong?
@drabulhoda
Thanks a lot

Added this to my hydronic floor line voltage circulator system recently, promptly removed it the day after. Had some strange behaivor as it made a heat call every 10-15 seconds until the room was up to the set point. Took a lot longer to reach temperature and my on demand hot water heater was constantly firing. I expected the heating intervals to be much longer.

I’ve sent a message to Stelpro support for more info as this seems odd.

Has anybody else tried this with hydronic? Here is a screen shot:

Hi @Zoggied,

The Stelpro Z-Wave thermostat is NOT meant to be used for hydronic control.
It is designed to work with baseboard heaters and convectors only.
As you have discovered, the heat cycle in 15 seconds, therefore you cannot use it on hydronic systems.

Yeah, figured that out. If they would provide an adjustable heat call period this would work well for my use case.

Hello J-F,

Well, it would appear that I do have a problem after all. After upgrading to the latest version of the device handler, everything was working. The day after, I can no longer adjust the setpoint from the Smartthings app.
I can still adjust the setpoint from Google Home, Alexa and even ActionTiles. But not with it’s own app.

Hi Paul,

Despite having more info at SmartThings level, I managed to update the device handler and it seems to work for me.
Please give it a try.

https://github.com/stelpro/Ki-Z-Wave-Thermostat

Wow, that was fast :+1:

And yes, it works. I will check it more closely in the next few days and report back.

Thanks a lot my friend. Really top notch service.

1 Like

Hey J-F,

it would appear that on their last update, Smartthings changed something that affected your z-wave handler again.
It’s no big deal this time as everything still works perfectly, but the green circle in the bottom, middle tile only says “setpoint” in really small letters.
You can still see your setpoint in between the arrows though.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the notification.
It appears that the valueTiles don’t longer support having text on multiple lines.

So I will simply remove the setpoint circle tile since the setpoint is already shown in the main tile.

Device Handler updated
-Setpoint circle tile removed since the information is already shown in the main tile

1 Like

Thanks J-F

Hello, please excuse my ignorance in the following question. How do I apply this device handler? I’ve got a Samsung Smarthings hub Rev 2 and a light switch working via Echo Alexa by calling routines created in the Smarthings app.

I cannot get Alexa to change the temp routine which it looks like this device handler handles, but I don’t know how to apply it.

Thanks so much for any info you can supply!

Scott

Hi

Normally you had to go through the smarthings IDE

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/

then go to Device Handlers
create new device
From code

then paste the content of the txt file
publish

then go to my device, lookup the stelpro device and edit it, if you look at type (scroll down the list) you should see ur newly added DTH

Now i do not have one, i just stumble across your post

Thanks Eddy - I’ll give this a go!

Thanks Eddy for the info. I got the new Device Handler installed and it works way better than the original, BUT still doesn’t solve the problem. Bummer.

Glad to help, hope you’ll get it working eventually

i installed this smartapp (thanks for developing for the platform!) but im not sure i understand what it does exactly.

here’s my guess after trying it… IF you have a remove temp sensor on one of your stelpro’s, you can display that reading on other stelpros so you don’t have to have a remote sensor on them all. is that it?

i connected thermo 1 to thermo 2. thermo 2 had a setpoint of 52 and ambient reading of 60, but the ext on termo 1 said 57. not sure where the 57 was coming from…

Hi @skyrun,

The SmartApp purpose is to make the outdoor temperature (or any remote sensor) displayed on the thermostat.
It does NOT replace the internal sensor

For the Alexa implementation, please check out these posts:

Is it possible to set the thermostats temperature with google home? I just installed two of these and it replies that the device doesnt have that feature, using the device handler linked in this thread.