Status Indicator Light

I’m not sure you even looked at it, because it’s an LED indicators that appears to be related to temperature and could be acccessible, maybe, with a custom DTH.

But sure, it’s for the “motion sensor.”

I’m familiar with the device. Sorry if I wasn’t clear, but my point was that the sensor is already using the light for itself. I don’t think it’s going to be something that you can change to be an indicator light.

@thesmartesthouse can confirm one way or the other, that’s their house brand. :sunglasses:

Unfortunately, you wouldn’t be able to use the LED indicator on this or any other Z-Wave sensor we know of to go off based on any other trigger than it’s already assigned to through the device’s internal firmware. The LED indicator on the sensor is not a separate Z-Wave entity that could be controlled or scheduled. It’s permanently linked to the sensor’s functionality (which is to indicate motion, temperature level, and signal inclusion/exclusion/wake-up and reset for Z-Wave). Hope that helps clarify it!

3 Likes

okie dokie

Yes, actually many of those use IR, which allows for as JDRoberts put it - a limited integration, but for a simple indicator I wouldn’t want anything more. Actually for me it is kind of a plus, because up till now I use hue bulbs for this, and it interfered a bit with their lighting purpose, so if the indicator is completely out of such system, it’s better for my case. And with direct line of sight, IR is actually very responsive and quite reliable (again, for an indicator, no life saving level of reliable :))

1 Like

I was looking for something like this also. The door from my garage to my house has a Yale SmartLock on it, so when I come home I never know if it’s locked or not. If it’s locked I end up trying to open a locked door if I don’t do the code first. If it’s unlocked and I try to do the code as soon as I touch the touchpad it locks the door and then I now need to enter the code to get in.

So I contacted Inovelli, because their Red switch has a small indicator on it that they said I can use SmartThings to turn red if the door is locked and green if unlocked (the garage light switch is right beside the door). So it’s a quick visual if I need to enter a code to get in the house of if it’s unlocked and I can walk right in.

I haven’t got one to try yet because I only just found out about it, but I plan on getting one to try.

1 Like

Just a follow-up, it turned out pretty good. All the lights I ordered turned out to use IR remotes.
Here’s a (very low quality) video to illustrate the speed of reaction, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJwG00vdi9w. here the trigger is a button, I use a motion sensor to briefly show the state of the security monitor when one passes through the hallway, and I expect a good battery life for these brief flashes at the low setting. Time will tell.

1 Like

What did you use to get the ST integration?

I tried both Switchbot hub Mini, and Broadlink cloud integration, triggered by Alexa routine, both work, I had to create a scene in both, which was triggered by the Alexa routine through a virtual switch, for switchbot there’s a more native way if you don’t mind some excess of devices, a custom device with the “on” command customized. Lately I’m trying out the hubitat broadlink integration, which is local, fast and removes the “man in the middle” device required for ST, like RM Plugin or Alexa

1 Like

Glad it worked for you. I don’t want to do it with IR.

Sale me one of those !