For security purposes, I am using a throwaway account.
I am looking to possibly re-do my system and am looking for guidance. My ultimate goal is to streamline as many things as possible and not have to have apps for various things.
I am also looking to integrate my home alarm system into the system so that I can lock/unlock doors when arming/disarming the alarm. I am open to changing the alarm system as well.
I currently have a Honeywell Vista 15P with dumb keypads. I know I will need to change the keypad regardless and am leaning towards the GC3.
I currenlty have the following smart devices in my house:
• SmartThings Hub v2
• Amazon Echo
• Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door
• GE Link Bulbs
• Z-WAVE UNIVERSAL DIMMER, DZMX1-1LZ
• Z-WAVE SCENE CAPABLE SWITCH, DZS15-1BZ
• Multiple Sonos Play 1 (adding Play Bar this weekend)
• Harmony Hub
• Schlage BE-469
• Philips Hue Strips
• GoControl Z-WAVE contact sensors
• GoControl Z-WAVE motion sensors
• GoControl Z-WAVE siren
Ideally, what I envision is pulling up to my driveway and my garage opening automatically because it detected my phone. I’d like the Sonos to announce that the garage door is open and that I am home. I’d like the Sonos to announce when ANY door that is equipped with a sensor opens.
• I’d like to be able to tell Alexa to play music on my Sonos (this can be from my Sonos favorites).
• I’d like to be able to tell Alexa to change the channel to ESPN, Root Sports, etc.
• When I leave, and arm the alarm, I’d like to have all my doors locked and have music start playing on the Sonos (pre-set Pandora station is fine).
• I will be adding thermostats at some point too so I would also like to be able to set the temperature when I leave/arm the alarm, if nobody else is home.
• I’d like to have tablet control stations throughout the house to rely less on a phone
I think that pretty much sums it up. For brainstorming purposes, consider yourself to have a, within reason, blank check. I am open to changing any components that I need to in order to accomplish the most usability and automation that is possible.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!