ST Power outlet switching off byitself at night

Hello,

Everyday i wake up finding my smart power outlet switched off, is that a normal behavior? Nothing was connected to it when that happens…

I believe OTA as well is enabled and updated to the latest firmware…

I have similar problem except mine may turn off or turn on at random time. I installed a smartapp event logger to track and log any activities for this device and so far can seen no pattern. It turns on/off at no particular time or it behaves for weeks without an issue. My outlet is this model

Mine is the ST power outlet came with the kit, which script are you using for the event logger?

I wrote a small ST smart app that simply sends any events for any device to my webserver which write the info into a text file. Much easier to read then the ST activity log…

Just curious, @fearz & @cdikland: are your automations done with Smart Lighting? Are your devices running locally?

Following up on a hunch. ST Support helped me out recently with a similar issue having similar symptoms…

Actually, the only app was one I wrote for my AC. If room temp exceeds n degrees, turn on outlet. Once temp drops down to n degrees. turn off outlet. Here is the thing… I removed the app. No other apps associated with it. Yes, the outlet may turn on/off randomly.

1 Like