I read over that other post and tired what they suggested but, Holy Smokes!

What a pain.

Removed each and every device from every app/automation. Then remove the Wemo devices. Then the Smartapp. Then re-install everything. And the troublemaker Wemo switch is now not detected. I will try resetting the switch locally once I get home. I sure wish Belkin would make a version of this switch that’s Z-wave or Zig-bee. I have far fewer problems with those types of switches. The downside to swapping the Wemos out is that we would loose the built in timer function that we do use a lot.

ST could help things out by not forcing you to remove a device from every automation routine
manually.

ST had properly detected my wemo’s for the past few weeks. Working fine for me at the moment.

Some success!

Reading this post and following the instructions ([RELEASE] Enhanced Wemo (Connect)) I managed to get the problem switch working.

After uninstalling the old smartapp and installing the “Advanced” version of Wemo and the device types, I had to reboot my trouble switch. It was then detected by the smartapp but I started getting “Network Id must be unique” errors. Uninstalling and reinstalling the smartapp from the ST app solved this error.

I have been running 5 Wemo light switches for the last couple of days without incedint. In fact I installed the fifth switch today.

Belkin seem to have improved things on their end with new firmware and the Wemo (Connect) Advanced smartapp also seem to be working great.

@ule thanks for the assistance!:grinning:

1 Like

If this will make the wemo devices finally work in ST then it will be worth the time to uninstall and reinstall.

Also, look at the Samsung Smart Plug. It works awesome and has a zigee repeater and is a zwave device. Well worth the money in a zigbee/zwave home.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Since installing the Wemo Advanced SmartApp and since Belkin has had a couple of firmware updates, I have not had a problem in a long time.

1 Like

I was good but my Wemo Motion Sensor is now offline. The switches are solid though.

hi guys, i am trying to integrate my wemo insight switch in my samsung hub v 2.0

i installed wemo app and my switch working fine and showing all infos.

installed WEMO (Connect) app within Smartthings but the app cant discover my switch.

this is what i get in ST log,

23:10:00: debug getChildDevices(true), children=0
acb88317-06f2-4242-bef3-b0a52abeede1 23:09:53: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method split() on null object @ line 433

any idea why i am getting the above error?!