ST, Google Wifi and AT&T

(Greg) #1

I have recently purchased a Google Wifi kit to expand my wifi throughout the house. When I added it to my current A&T modem, certain features stopped working, so I have since added all my ethernet items, including the ST hub, to a ethernet hub which connect directly to the Google Wifi output. Now my ST hub doesn’t even recognize the connection. The wifi works fine though.

In speaking with a few people, they feel that I need to somehow put the AT&T modem into bridge mode. I have also shut down the old wireless network from the AT&T modem. Based on what I have found on the internet, I have completed this (I think) and still not working.

Can someone help get me back up and running… this has me stumped.

Thank you.

What is the model number of your residential gateway from AT&T? Usually there is a bridged mode or Public IP passthrough. My RG has it called IP Passthrough using DHCPS-Fixed when I use a router behind the AT&T RG.

Passthrough Mode: The method in which the WAN IP address will be assigned to the selected LAN client.
DHCPS-dynamic: The WAN IP address will be handed out by the device’s DHCP server to the first LAN client that requests a DHCP lease. It may be helpful, after the device has obtained a WAN IP address, to cycle the desired LAN client’s interface or reboot it. On disabling this feature, you should reboot the LAN client.

DHCPS-fixed: The WAN IP address will be handed out by the device’s DHCP server to the LAN client whose MAC address has been specified. It may be helpful, after the device has obtained a WAN IP address, to cycle the LAN client’s interface or reboot it. On disabling this feature, you should reboot the LAN client.

Manual: A LAN client must be manually configured with the device’s assigned WAN IP address and gateway information.

(Greg) #3

It is a Pace 5268AC FXN

(Mark) #4

You probably mean an Ethernet switch, not Ethernet hub, right?

(Greg) #5

Not sure… lol

It’ just a box that allows you to add more ethernet ports when you don’t have enough.

Here is the link to your gateway from AT&T, page 23 talks about DMZ Plus which is making the Google router take on the public address vs. the residential gateway. It looks pretty easy to configure. It’s the same as 'bridge" mode.

(Mark) #7

Hubs and switches function differently. You most likely have a switch, not a hub. But I thought it was worth asking in case it could be contributing to your issue.