[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

As it was explained to me when I talked to them, yes. When migration occurs, it looks at the fingerprint of the device being migrated and prioritizes any custom Edge driver that contains the same fingerprint. If a custom driver isn’t found, it tries to match the fingerprint to a standard driver. If a fingerprint for standard isn’t found, it tries to match to standard Edge driver based on generic clusters. If all that fails, it will show as a “thing”.

Do you happen to know if it will be these exact same drivers though? Not sure if there is a @krlaframboise version and a Zooz version. This thread says that the channel is the official version. Just curious if it will remain that way after the rollout, and this channel will be supported.

Option #4 here indicates that devices with custom DTH will be migrated to custom Driver, as long as the driver is installed before the migration happens.

1 Like

I believe @krlaframboise is the developer for the official Zooz version.

1 Like

Yes, but I’m not sure if this driver channel will continue to be supported with the latest drivers after the platform is migrated.

Well, if everything Zooz eventually gets an Edge driver, and I have no reason to think they won’t. At least those drivers should be on the channel.

The official Zooz channel was created with a Samsung account owned by Zooz so these drivers will always be supported by them… (at least until ST changes the platform again)

8 Likes

Great. Thanks @krlaframboise

Another question for the group that will hopefully help others…

This automatic replacement (based on device fingerprint) of Edge drivers (assuming you’ve downloaded them) that is supposed to happen automatically… This will happen sometime between now and 9/30 or ON 9/30?

I’d really prefer not to have to exclude/include all my switches but I’d also like to start using Edge drivers now. At least the ones that are available (I’m still looking for Zen 23/24 Edge drivers).

I had the custom DTHs installed, set parameters, switched to generic DTHs for local execution. Is anyone able to tell me which DTHs are stock for the Zen21, 22, 26, 27?
Thanks

1 Like

This is where I found myself earllier:

Select the model, then Z-wave Questions subsection, then Smartthings subsection, then How to add to Smartthings article. The device handler for the particular switch should be linked in the article.

I’m assuming those were the most updated DTH.

1 Like

Any possibility of adding the zooZ Mini Sensor (ZSE09)? I’ve been using it with ST using a DTH for years and they’ve been super.

2 Likes

I’m actually wondering what Stock DTH they pair with.

1 Like

Hmm, Good question.

How did you know I was looking for exactly this today! Thanks, I’ll go add a few devices and see how it goes…

1 Like

@krlaframboise, any ETA on ZSE43 Tilt sensor?

Just installed this on a ZEN34, ZEN71, and ZEN72. So far, so good. Got some ZEN32s to try out tomorrow.

Any chance i could sweet talk you into adding the “Smart Bulb Mode” setting as a capability, too? I hacked that in to your DTH a few months ago, and it’s been nice being able to lock my toddler’s switches programmatically.

1 Like

The switches already have a smart bulb mode that disables the internal relay

Right, the setting is there, but you can’t use it in routines. It’d be nice to, say, automatically didable the switch from 830pm to 8am, for instance.

Interesting…I misunderstood your request. If you are truly using smart bulbs, there is an alternative. You always leave it in that mode, and then setup a routine to turn the smart bulbs on if the buttons are pressed between 8am-8:30 pm

1 Like