[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

The ZSE19 driver was discussed above. Because it’s certified as “Works with SmartThings,” an Edge driver is already available in the SmartThings Edge Drivers Channel here . Discussion is here . Code is here .

2 Likes

Hopefully this weekend…

1 Like

The default siren driver is there. But we do not have the capability to play other sounds as the one provided by zooz had (the dimmer functionality)

1 Like

Check the discussion above.

Documentation for the advanced settings is https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/1156-zse19-s2-multisiren-advanced-settings/

This driver lets you set any parameter on a Z-Wave device.

1 Like

Any chance you’ve had an opportunity to add the fingerprint? I’ve tried a few times the last couple weeks but it still joins using a stock DTH.

Maybe I’m just missing something I need to do?

I just received a replacement ZEN30 device. It’s an S2 Double Switch ZEN30. I installed it this morning and added it to my Z-wave network. It showed up but remained unresponsive to ST. I tried to control the device (on/off, relay on/off) with no luck. I tried to delete it, no luck. I force deleted it with the CLI and that got rid of it. I can reset it alright (hold bottom paddle 15 seconds until it flashes, then hold the top paddle 15 seconds until it flashes again) but when I tap the top button three times I get no response. I tried tapping the top button four times and again five times but nothing happened. The two switches work locally but I cannot add the device to ST. I installed a different ZEN30 yesterday in my room without any problems. This one is in an adjacent room so there should not be a network distance problem. I may try to fire up my USB stick and see if it is responsive there. I have had two S2 ZEN30s so far which I installed easily but this one, which I just received to replace a V1 ZEN30 that died after about a month of flawless use until it died, is acting weird. Anyone have any suggestions to try?

Thanks,

Peter

You should be excluding not deleting Z-Wave devices.

So you will need to run Z-Wave exclude before you can repair the device.

I agree with @Paul_Oliver , the device still thinks it’s connected to ST and needs to be excluded.

You can initiate the exclusion process from the hub device’s z-wave utilities menu in the mobile app.

I just downloaded the iOS ST app update and this fixes the multi-device problem. I can now independently command main or any other switch independently in either a routing ‘then’ or in a scene. Now I can convert the rest of my house!

Kevin, any chance that you could implement a solution similar to the one mentioned here? I know you have a lot on your plate, so of course understand it is not a priority.

We hear it and hope we’ll be able to deliver the code for the 500 series drivers soon. We don’t have any details to share here just yet unfortunately.

2 Likes

Hi
Somehone i have this message for my ZSE18 motion sensor. Is it normal?

I am seeing this on various devices (not just Zooz) today. Seems to be a systemic issue.

1 Like

@krlaframboise thesmartesthouse.com product pages now ask users to register their device in order to gain access to the Edge drivers, where they used to link to the DTH code; I just registered mine but haven’t seen any way to access the drivers so far. I’m curious to see if something comes through once they’ve “closed” the registration ticket.

The Zooz helpdesk has some placeholder “coming soon” pages (one example below). If these drivers are ready for public use, maybe there’s someone at Zooz you can nudge to remind them to update their support documentation…

https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/1123-how-to-access-advanced-settings-for-the-zen14-double-outdoor-plug-on-smartthings/

@krlaframboise I installed the water sensor Edge driver in preparation for the mass migration by ST. They were originally joined through the platform zooz DTHs. ST recently added the Zwave Sensor driver automatically and migrated them to that driver. They appear to work fine.

What differences should I expect using these sensors with the Zwave Sensor driver vs the Zooz ZSE42 XS Water Leak Sensor?

The Zooz driver lets you control LED Indicator, Leak Alert Clear Delay, Low Battery Alert level, and Group 2 association. It also displays Firmware level and Sync Status.

2 Likes

Update: they did send an email.

Click here to access the BETA Edge driver page.
You need to be logged in to the Zooz Support Portal to see the page. Expert users only, use the code at your own risk.

1 Like

To be clear - this points to the same Zooz Edge Driver Channel discussed in this topic, with enrollment instructions in the top post above.

3 Likes

Yes - my point was that the driver information on the Zooz / The Smartest House pages that users would naturally land on was either hidden or outdated. You only get pointed to the correct channel once you’ve registered your purchase. The scary language seems a bit unnecessary to me - installing an Edge driver requires a much lower expertise level than the DTH did and I don’t remember the same kind of warning there (but I haven’t seen it in a couple of years).

Kevin, thanks for all you work…
Just installed the driver for 4-1 sensor ZSE40
Your old device handler had more settings specifically humidity and temp offset.
Could this be added to the driver settings?

Thanks

1 Like