[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

An update with support for the ZEN17 and ZEN52 will be posted tomorrow night and an update with the ZEN15/ZEN06 and ZEN51 will be posted Wednesday night.

4 Likes

Just tried a factory reset. Unfortunately no change.

I’m having similar issues with my ZEN40.
In iOS 15.7 on an iPad, the temp and humidity and illuminance readings in the dashboard view do not match the detailed view. The illuminance reading in the dashboard is always 0Ix. There are no settings for illuminance and changes to illuminance are slow to appear in the detailed view.
On iOS 16.0.1 on my iPhone the dashboard and detail views are in sync for temp, humidity, and battery. The illuminance is 0 on both views. even though it is currently in a well-lit room.
Firm ware version 32.32.

I excluded my zen40 then repaired it and now the temp and humidity battery and illuminance on the dashboard and detailed view match on my iPad and my iPhone.

It was not my intent to test the Zooz30 Driver but:
I excluded and then included the Vision Z-Wave Dual Relay Switch I own, to test the ZWave Switch Mc driver created by Mariano Colmenarejo and I have a couple of issues.

1. I requested the fingerprint of the device to be added to the ZWave Switch Mc driver, but, during the Smartthings Hub Scanning process, it installed the ZWave Switch Mc driver
    and the Zooz Double Switch driver for the Vision Z-Wave Dual Relay Switch. Now, I am trying to figure out why it installed the Zooz Double Switch driver and which device
    the Zooz Double Switch driver is ‘attached’ to because I never excluded any of my ZEN30 switches, but, I do own 5 of them. I thought that each driver had a fingerprint of the
    devices it was supposed to be installed for. Should I not download multiple ST Edge drivers to my Hub at one time, preventing this issue?
    How do I figure out which device the Zooz Double Switch driver is ‘attached’ to? I still have the old DTH installed. I assume there is definitely a conflict somewhere.

2. I went on and looked at the ‘device’ installed called Zooz Double Switch and I see a potential problem with separate switch access and Alexa controlling both switches separately.
    Using the existing DTH, it allows me to (re)name each switch. In my scenario now, I have ‘Foyer Lights’ as the parent and had ‘Foyer’ and ‘Front Porch’ as children that I can control ‘Foyer’ and ‘Front Porch’ separately. I use Alexa extensively in my home and have 30 or so, Smart devices. Please let me know if there has been any progress on correcting this issue with dual switches.

Interestingly, when I control the dimmer using an association it respects the z-wave ramp speed settings. But if I control it from the smartthings app or a Zen34 remote triggering a routine, the settings are not respected.

It appears that the default on/off/setLevel handlers that were written by SmartThings is setting the ramp rate to 1 second which is probably overriding the setting.

SmartThings doesn’t automatically install custom drivers…

If you open the device details screen of each ZEN30 and select “Driver” from the menu you’ll be able to see which driver it’s assigned. If you don’t see an option for Driver in the menu then the device is still using a DTH.

See this post and the 2 below it…

Zooz Multichannel Switch Driver - Update (9/28/2022)

I just published a new version that includes the ZEN17 Universal Relay and the ZEN52 Double Relay.

ZEN17

You can find the description of the ZEN17 driver in this post.

After changing the Input Types you’ll need to re-open the device details screen and possibly even the mobile app in order to see the S1 and S2 tiles.

The S1 and S2 endpoint numbers weren’t static prior to firmware 1.04 so if the devices firmware is lower than that then you might need to re-join the device after changing the Input Type settings in order for the S1 and S2 tiles to report the correct state.

ZEN52

The ZEN52 is a Beta release because I’m seeing some odd behavior with it and need to do some additional testing tomorrow night…

Supported Devices:

• Zooz ZEN14 Outdoor Double Plug
  • Zooz ZEN16 MultiRelay
  • Zooz ZEN17 Universal Relay
  • Zooz ZEN20 Power Strip
  • Zooz ZEN25 Double Plug
  • Zooz ZEN52 Double Relay

@krlaframboise, thank you very much for all these drivers. I bought one of the Zooz ZEN17 (among others, just because of your drivers) so I can experiment and see how I can use it for a few functions. Is it possible to change the labels for S1, S2 etc. Allow the user to rename them?

2 Likes

I excluded and added my Zen17 that I use for my sliding gate. It took the driver. Thanks.

After playing with it and getting used to the new layout I think it can work well for me. I set up a virtual edge garage door to make use the on off for the R1 and the open close for the S2

Unfortunately I’m finding that the S2 doesn’t reliably update with the open close of the relay. This is not an issue I had before with the groovy device handler so I assume it’s just related to the driver.

I mention the virtual switch, but the issue is present in the actual device, and reflected in the virtual switch. When I see it work in the device the virtual switch works as intended.

I do have the reverse S2 input reports set to contact sensor because the motor control I am using closes the relay while open.

Let me know if there is any other information I can provide to diagnose.

If the firmware version is below 1.04 you’ll most likely need to remove the device and join it again in order for the Input Types you selected to map properly…

Firmware is at 1.2

Removing the device and adding it again might solve the problem.

After adding the device the Input Type settings won’t show the selected value, but they’ll still be set to whatever you selected before removing the device and as long as they’re not changed the endpoints shouldn’t change again.

No, that’s nothing something that can be changed dynamically…

Zooz Switch Driver - Update (9/29/2022)

I just published a new version that supports the ZEN15 Power Switch and ZEN06 Smart Plug.

Supported Devices:

• Zooz ZEN04 Smart Plug
  • Zooz ZEN05 Outdoor Plug
  • Zooz ZEN06 Smart Plug
  • Zooz ZEN15 Power Switch
  • Zooz ZEN71 On/Off Switch
  • Zooz ZEN72 Dimmer
  • Zooz ZEN73 Toggle Switch
  • Zooz ZEN74 Toggle Dimmer
  • Zooz ZEN76 S2 On/Off Switch
  • Zooz ZEN77 S2 Dimmer
3 Likes

One way around this is to create a coordinated virtual switch (see TAustin’s vEdge channel) for each real switch, and four routines for each switch to synchronize virtual and real.

2 Likes

You can also use Mariano’s virtual appliance driver mirror device and only 2 routines are required.

1 Like

So removed and re-added. I did need to modify the settings and rebuild routines. It’s still not 100% on reacting to the contact relay S2. And it’s doesn’t seem to update the tile with the status, when it does work I can see the status reflected in the virtual switch but not on the actually device tile.

You will notice that R2 says ON with the tile and OFF inside the details.

The S2 seems to permanently show contact closed

Just so there’s no confusion, you’ll still need to use the official driver for this device, those other drivers just provide a way to sync the components with virtual devices that can be named separately and used by integrations like Alexa.

2 Likes