[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

I’m pretty sure the ZEN07 and ZSE09 are certified as Works with SmartThings so they’ll be functional with the built-in drivers and they were discontinued several years ago so they won’t be getting custom drivers.

You won’t be able to change any of their settings with those drivers, but as long as you let ST migrate the device you won’t lose the setting changes you made while using the custom DTH.

The ZSE08 doesn’t have any configuration parameters so it never had a custom DTH and there’s no need for it to have a custom driver.

1 Like

Kevin, thank you for all the work you are doing.

As Oct 15 hit, I tried to replace a couple of custom drivers with Edge ones. Everything worked fine for ZEN15 but not so with ZSE40. ST stubbornly picks some generic Z-Wave Sensor driver even though I do have Zooz Multisensor driver installed on the hub.

I’ve tried these steps: removed all ZSE40, factory reset them all, removed the generic Z-Wave Sensor driver from the hub, just in case uninstalled and installed again the Zooz Multisensor driver and verified that it shows up on the hub, and added ZSE40. ST picks the generic Z-Wave Sensor driver no matter what I try. If I go into the device Driver and try to Select different driver, no driver shows up.

Any suggestions how to force ST to pick the Zooz Multisensor driver driver instead of the generic one?
Thanks.

On the Channel enrollment page, did you install the “Zooz Multisensor” device? (I suppose that “I do have Zooz Multisensor driver installed on the hub” means yes, but just checking…)

Can you check (and post) the device fingerprint?

Anyway, thanks for this prompt: I discovered that my ZSE18 had disappeared from my SmartThings setup - it wasn’t in the app nor groovy IDE nor ‘smartthings devices’ list. Strange.

I did get it back with a reset and re-include, and it came up with the af6a…740455 ‘Zooz Multisensor’ driver from this channel. I still have to recreate the affected routines…

Perhaps the driver transiently disappeared, causing my device deletion and your problems, but has since returned? Maybe try one more time?

Yes, I did install “Zooz Multisensor” driver and it shows up on the hub driver list.

I am not sure what “device fingerprint” is and hope that’s what shows up on the new ST page, which is 9208b336-eaf4-4216-ac04-2994202c4305.

I’ve tried at least half a dozen times cleaning up everything, adding ZSE40, checking the driver and seeing the generic one, removing the device, adding again, doing factory reset and trying to add, et cetera. No matter what I try, upon adding it picks up the generic driver.

For Edge devices, use the smartthings CLI to get the “deviceManufacturerCode:” with:
smartthings devices <n> -y
where <n> is the “#” of the device in the “smartthings devices” list. The deviceManufacturerCode for the ZSE40 might be 027A-2021-2101.

The smartthings system matches devices to drivers by looking for the device fingerprint among matching driver fingerprints. Up to now, you needed an exact match. As we’ve passed October 15, that restriction may have been eased and devices might be matched to drivers with less stringent criteria. Eventually matching will use only device “type” - switch, sensor, etc.

I hope Kevin weighs in… I think there are two possibilities. You may have a variant ZSE40 which doesn’t match the fingerprints he was given, in which case he might update his fingerprints.yml list to include your variant. The second possibility is that there was a Z-Wave radio collision when you added this device, and the fingerprint was corrupted or lost. Four of my devices had fingerprints of 0000-0000-0000 and had to be excluded/included before they got Edge drivers.

Addendum: I have a Monoprice 15902, a rebranded Vision ZP3111US, which is very similar to the ZSE40. Its fingerprint is 0109-2021-2101. I put a couple of batteries in and included it and my device got a SmartThings Edge driver which reports motion, temperature, humidity, and illuminance. Pretty cool. The fingerprint is right there in SmartThingsEdgeDrivers/drivers/SmartThings/zwave-sensor/fingerprints.yml (I stopped using it because it ate batteries, and replaced it with a ZSE18 on USB power.)

There was another case in this topic where a user had a Zooz ZSE06 which was actually a rebranded Hank SO03 that reported the Hank manufacturer code. I suspect that if your device doesn’t report a manufacturer code of 0x027A then it will be outside Kevin’s remit. The best answer might be to post the request on the Edge Drivers request topic.

1 Like

For all my ZSE40 deviceManufacturerCode is 0109-2021-2101

These are Vision devices, not Zooz. A good driver is available on the “SmartThings Drivers (Beta)” channel. For links, see this post. Install the “Z-Wave Sensor.”

Out of curiosity - do your motion detectors have a Zooz label? Vision Security? Or no label?

2 Likes

My sensors have no branding on them. I believe that I bought them at Monoprice. The paper manuals that came with them have Zooz ZSE40 brand/model on them and I used Kevin’s Zooz driver with them before Edge.

Thanks for the tip on Vision, I’ll try those drivers.

Sorry for not responding sooner…

The first release of the device shared a fingerprint with other devices and it’s officially supported by SmartThings so Zooz decided not to include that fingerprint in their driver.

If you’re still able to get the device to join with the DTH then you should do that, apply the settings you want and let ST migrate the device to the built-in driver so that you won’t lose your settings.

Thanks for letting me know. I found this driver for the Monoprice 4 in 1 and it works fine.

Is there an ETA on Edge drivers for the Zen 23 or 24, or are there equivalent Edge drivers for other devices that would support the 23 or 24? Thanks.

I’ve asked this before, the 500 series switches. Are discontinued by zooz so they are very low on the priority list. I believe @krlaframboise will get to them after he finishes up getting drivers out for all current products. Hopefully @TheSmartestHouse will hear are plea to have the a driver made to mimic all the functions the DTH did.

1 Like

Hi @nayelyz
Do you have an update on this issue? I have the same issue with the IOS app (Version 1.6.90.23) and ZEN16 (Firmware 1.04) Edge device driver. This issue impacts utilizing routines to control relay 2 and 3 on the ZEN16, as they will force unwanted control of relay 1.

1 Like

Hi, @rbenson60!

I’m reposting this here as well, sorry:

Any updated ETA for the ZEN51 driver?

there is a lot of other things we need to set the dimmer value with a routine

Please add edge driver support for ZSE19

The ZSE19 driver was discussed above. Because it’s certified as “Works with SmartThings,” an Edge driver is already available in the SmartThings Edge Drivers Channel here . Discussion is here . Code is here .

2 Likes

Hopefully this weekend…

1 Like