[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

Thanks. I did download the new Edge drivers for my specific Zooz devices and waited about 15 minutes and checked three-dot menu for your devices in the ST app. However nothing changed and “driver” was not present. Do I need to reinstall the devices for this to take affect?
UPDATE: I do show the new Zooz drivers installed within the drivers section of the hub (three-dot menu) but not at the individual device level?

If you want to force installation of the Edge driver, you must remove the device and re-add it. This will cause the device to be removed from any routines or scenes in which it’s used - you’ll have to edit or re-create those.

If you wait for automatic migration, your automations will (we hope) be preserved.

That won’t happen until ST starts moving devices. That was originally 9/30, now it’s 10/15, and we don’t know what order they’re going to go in but I would guess accounts using only stock drivers will change over first.

1 Like

Will Zooz have an edge driver for the ZSE08 door/ window sensor?

For the zen16 multirelay used as a garage door controller; is there a way to tie the door state shown (open/closed) to a contact or tilt sensor like was done with the original zooz garage door smart app?
I am using TAustin’s edge virtual device creator to try and make a single virtual garage door per relay to mirror the relay, show actual open/closed state, and have that be a controlable device (both botton control on smartthings, and control from alexa).

I get how to create a mirror of the child relays, but not how to use a contact sensor to update the actual door state in the event a door fails to open or close. Using the contact sensor to switch the virtual device back to the correct state (open/closed) could trigger the relay button again based on the routines needed to mirror the virtual device and child relay.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the details but that sounds like exactly the use case this driver is intended for:

I have installed the driver for 5 ZEN30 switches. I too am having the issue with the empty tiles (showing when you display the device in Smartthings) and a ‘Not In Cloud’ symbol. I noted in previous posts that the developers are working on this issue, but, I also noticed that I do not see a parameter to change the LED colors for either the Paddle, or, the Relay. Would that parameter be a tile, or, is it missing from the Settings page for the device.
Thank you

The empty/broken tiles are for the LEDs, but they didn’t get populated when the device was joined so you need to create a routine from the main automations screen to change the led options.

Once you’ve executed it once the tiles on the device details screen will populate them which fixes the problem.

After executing the routine you might need to reopen the application and possibly even clear the app’s cache for the cloud icons to go away.

The led tiles not populating is a bug in the driver which I haven’t had a chance ti fix yet.

Thanks @MarkTr . After looking at the virtual device creator page you shared I looked and noticed the one im using from TAustin has a similar setting to sync or not sync the door open/ closed state and the on/off switch. The setting was default to synced. If I change it to not synced I can have the door state in the virtual device mirror the the real contact sensor on the door, and use the virtual device on/off switch to mirror the zen 16 child relay.

@krlaframboise I very much appreciate all the work being done to create and test the new edge drivers. The multichannel switch driver seems to be working well so far.

2 Likes

Kevin, thanks for your help. I created a routine: If light = Off, then Light LED Color = Green and Relay LED Color = Blue. I turned the Paddle On and Off and the LEDs were properly set. Once the LEDs were properly set, I deleted the routine. For the particular device, there are now 2 tiles that show Green and Blue, but, I noticed that the tile descriptions still show 'Untitled '. Will this also be corrected by the developers, or, can these also be set in a routine. Thanks for all your work…

@krlaframboise I installed your driver for the Zooz ZEN15 Power Switch and it is working great. I was wondering if you can add one thing. Right now the device type shows up as a switch. Your old DTH for this device had the device type showing up as an outlet which I think makes more sense. Any way you can update this driver so I can show the device type as an outlet instead of a switch? Thanks for all the hard work on these drivers!

Answere here:

@krlaframboise do you know what ZEN16_V01R10 fixes, I’m on 1.04 and I have many ‘no cloud’ on one of my ZEN16’s while the other two are only ‘no cloud’ once a week, all are on the edge driver.

Looks like there’s no plan to make an edge driver for the Zen26. That’s a bummer. I guess I’ll have to replace it to get the double-tap feature.

Added the ZEN16 today. Seems to work fine, but there’s a ST bug where you can’t open the device page for newly added devices. It’s hitting several other devices I migrated recently, and it’s a total PIA. Anyone know a workaround?

I have a ZEN52 controlling a ceiling fan, with relay 1 powering the fan and relay 2 powering the light. I want a single tap on a wall switch to control the light (R2) and a double tap to control the fan (R1). This all worked fine with the DTH. With the edge driver, however, I don’t have the option of leaving a relay in its current state. As you can see in the photo, the only options for setting each relay is “turn on or turn off,” which seems to act as a toggle, “turn on” and “turn off”. There isn’t a “leave it in its current state” option. Am I missing something?

When setting up routines with multicomponent devices relay 1 is set by default. To only control relay 2, click the blue dot under relay 1 to remove it.

Thank you. It looks like a radio button where one has to be selected, so I never tried deselecting all of them.

1 Like

See this post for Kevin’s previously mentioned plans.

Where did you publish it? I don’t see a link in this thread.