[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

This post explains the dates (as they currently stand):

If you’ve never installed a custom DTH for the device, you shouldn’t need to do anything.

If you are using a custom handler (from Kevin or from elsewhere), sometime in the next 2 weeks:

1. Subscribe to the driver channel via the link at the top of this page.

2. Click the links from the subscription page to enroll drivers for any Zooz devices you want to use them for. These custom drivers will give you access to the advanced features of the devices; note that many devices will likely retain basic functionality with a “stock” driver from Samsung.

Then you have two choices:

A) Wait for the ST migration beginning 9/30 and see what happens. Single-endpoint devices (e.g. switches, sensors) “should” translate seamlessly and, if there is a fingerprint match, will automatically select the custom driver you had installed ahead of time. If they select a stock driver instead, or you didn’t install the custom driver, or you want to switch to a different driver, you can choose a new driver from the device’s “settings” button in the app.

B) You can self-migrate by excluding and re-adding the device. After excluding the device, you’ll need to remove the custom DTH from your hub (if you’re using one); otherwise, the device will use that DTH again when you re-add (if you have multiple of the same device and you want to test with just one, I’m not sure if there’s a way to do that). Note that this option requires you to rebuild all associated automations; it may be helpful to create a dummy virtual device and use it to replace the device in all automations, then you can swap the device back in after it’s paired and working.

If you have devices currently using a handler that creates child devices (anything labeled as “multichannel switch” above), it’s not clear how the ST migration will manage them - I’ve asked in the main thread and didn’t get a clear answer. I suspect all the child devices will disappear, the parent device may transition smoothly, and you’ll be in the same position as if you’d chosen option B.