[ST Edge] Zigbee Driver for MOES 4-Button Scene Switch (TS004F) Plus Some Smart Knob Models

Hi @erickv,

I have a Zigbee Smart Knob I want to use as a on/off switch as well as a dimmer.

I need a driver for Smartthings as I don’t have a Zigbee hub. Would you be able to help please?

Brand Name: Aubess
Data * application: 43

• endpointId: 01
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_4fjiwweb
  • model: TS004F
  • zigbeeNodeType: SLEEPY_END_DEVICE
    Raw Description 01 0104 0104 01 06 0000 0001 0003 0004 0006 1000 08 0019 000A 0003 0004 0005 0006 0008 1000

Link to the Device on AliExpress: Tuya ZigBee Smart Knob Button Switch Wireless Scene Controller Smart Life App Smart Home Automation Scenario For Tuya Devices |Smart Home Control| - AliExpress

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Riaan

Hey, @RiaanUK

I found that model really interesting, so, I might get one of those soon = P.

I added the fingerprint at the button-battery-v1.3.1 from the @erickv Shared Drivers channel, but I’m not sure that every feature will work as expected, especially the built-in dimmer, but I have high hopes that the button will report acordingly.

However, it would be great if you could share with me in a PM a set of logs while interacting with the device (dimmer and button), just to check if reports button events as expected and how dimmer events are generated.

Logs can be tracked through the SmartThings CLI with this command:

smartthings edge:drivers:logcat --hub-address <HUB_IP_ADDRESS> <DRIVER_ID>

(Note: If you’re not familiarized with the SmartThings CLI let me know and I can help you to minimize the back-n-forth to set it up :slight_smile: )

1 Like

That is great, thank you soooo much. I will install and have a look and share the logs with you. I think it is a really cool device too, so hopefully it will work :slight_smile:

If you don’t have a Zigbee hub what would you propose to pair the Zigbee device to?
Smartthings can control wifi based devices that are connected to the cloud.
Zigbee devices need a local hub.

Please could you let me know how to get into the CLI - Using Putty and the STH IP address maybe? Port and username and password please :wink:

Thanks,
Riaan

Pressing the button work OK. The battery display as well, but no functions for turning the knob.

Nice =] I’m glad that main functionality is covered.

That’s understandable, because handling level events are not programmed at all.

In this context it would be important to track these dimmer events, so, let me collect some info for you so you can get started very quicky with the CLI.

Also… are you planning to use the device with a specific bulb?

Thank you @erickv !

I am just using it with a very simple bulb (Status Smart Alexa 9 Watt GLS LED CT ES Bulb | Dunelm).

As you mentioned, the Smart knob is a great little device, so endless possibilities:)

Pass on the details and I will collect the required information for you.

Thanks again,
Riaan

@RiaanUK

Following up, let me share with you basically the most essential requirements to get started with the CLI:

• NodeJS (during installation, make sure to white list any option that points Node being available at your PATH).

Once you install it, you’re ready to install the SmartThings CLI through your terminal:

npm install --global @smartthings/cli

and then:

smartthings edge:drivers

This last command may prompt you to the SmartThings Login, but is a one-time process to set up permission.

After this, you’ll be able to query basically everything regarding your SmartThings environment and, of course the edge:drivers:logcat command I shared before, i.e.:

* You can get the IP Address of your Hub at your Hub details in the Groovy IDE or DHCP server
** To avoid cluttering this thread, you can send me the logs through a PM

1 Like

thanks @erickv tested this and it works for all 4 buttons.
appreciated !

2 Likes

Is there an Edge driver for Moes single gang yet?

@Subramanian_Swaminat

At this point I’m quite confident that my driver can handle the 4 Moes models so, if you’re able to share the fingerprint at this thread, I can add support for it and will notify you as soon as posible =]

Thank Erick. I live in the UK and can only find the Moes Wifi single gang switch (not the zigbee one) so before I can order the Wifi switch, can you let me know what a fingerprint is? I am not a developer so excuse my ignorance.

Hi,
this thread is about “scene switch” remote controls , i.e. things that look like this or similar (see below).
I think you are referring to a wired wall switch, which is different?

@Subramanian_Swaminat no worries =]

In general terms, the fingerprint is device metadata to identify it across the Zigbee network and the platform (this is only a raw description tho, I’m sure theres a better description for it =P). For example:

And to be able to match a device with an edge driver, we only need the manufacturer and model values.

These can be tracked from the Groovy IDE once you’ve paired the device without having drivers or dth that match with it.

Try looking for it at the MOES AliExpress store (link here), that where I got my zigbee scene switches.

Ah…ok, thanks for the clarification. Will not post anymore. Do you know if there is a thread for Moes wall switch?

Many thanks Erick, clear on what a fingerprint is. I have an Yagusmart 2-gang zigbee switch so if I provide the manufacturer and model, would you be able to add it to your Edge driver and provide it to me?

1 Like

Yes, @Subramanian_Swaminat

In fact, my driver already supports a 4-button Yagusmart device, so, I think it’ll work for yours as well

1 Like

An edge driver can only handle one protocol as far as I know. So it will be for Zigbee or Z wave or Wi-Fi LAN but you can’t use a Zigbee edge driver with a Wi-Fi switch even if they physically look exactly the same on the outside.

The First rule of home automation still applies to edge drivers: “the model number matters.“

2 Likes

Thanks Erick. The details of my 2-gang Yagusmart Zigbee switch are as below,

• manufacturer: _TZ3000_fvh3pjaz
  • model: TS0012
  • zigbeeNodeType: SLEEPY_END_DEVICE

I am assuming both the switches (parent and child) will be detected by the Edge driver or separately as two individual switches? Both works for me?

2 Likes