[ST Edge] Zigbee Driver for MOES 4-Button Scene Switch (TS004F) Plus Some Smart Knob Models

I don’t know what you are trying to do…
For me with Aqara Cube, I was able to detect left/right rotation and change dimming of a dimmed device.
Each time add or subtract 10% , I did it with Sharptools rules engine. Worked for me… Until my aqara cube battery died.

I’d just like to control my AV receiver’s volume with a remote knob. A knob like the IKEA SYMFONISK Remote Gen 1 only gives the left/right/stopped information. So I could only increase/decrease volume by steps of 1dB and if I wanted to decrease by 10dB, I had to give it 10 successive swings. I’d like to be able to change the volume by little steps with small rotations and larger steps with larger rotations.

I don’t know a knob that you can measure the angle. But you increase by any amount you like. If St allow only 1dB steps, you can use @joshua_lyon Sharptools to increase/decrease by any level you like.
I successfully increased and decreased 10% (not 1%) of a light dimmer with each rotation CW or CCW , with Aqara cube.

1 Like

I also have the Aqara cube. But if I understand you correctly, to decrease by 30 points, you’d have to give your cube 3 successive spins, just like with IKEA’s knob. That’s what I’d like to avoid.

Hence my question about the Moes Smart Knob supported by this topic’s driver, to know if it makes any difference between different spins. It doesn’t need to be down to a “click”, but proportional to the movement, like a dimmer.

@erickv Can you add below to the fingerprint of SmartKnob, please? Thank you very much

Manufacturer Code
_TZ3000_abrsvsou

Model
TS004F

1 Like

I found another driver than fixed my battery eating issues. Remove the Moes device and add it again using this driver:

Can you help me with this Knob ? It is giving me the creeps… Tried all versions of the driver and still nothing. This is what it shows in my web interface.

You can actually see the error up top.

Much hel would be appreciated since I am a newbie.

Thank you very much.

Hi @erickv
When you have a chance, would you please add this fingerprint to your driver?

# Smart Knob
  - id: "_TZ3000_qja6nq5z/TS004F"
    deviceLabel: "Smart Knob"
    manufacturer: "_TZ3000_qja6nq5z"
    model: "TS004F"
    deviceProfileName: button-battery

Thank you

This Knob should be supported by @ygerlovin driver. Welcome to try:
https://api.smartthings.com/invitation-web/accept?id=b119aed9-4083-46bc-bc16-584b9d738abe

Zigbee Button Remote Driver [YG]

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I realized after I posted my fingerprint request that this driver appears to have been abandoned; developer’s last response was approximately 9 months ago.
As for the driver you mentioned, the device and driver are compatible but I don’t know how to configure the knob’s rotational control… Is there a configuration guide somewhere?
Also, it appears that this driver does not work with the Smart Lighting “Sync with switch” function; the knob is not shown on the switch selection list.

Edit: @dotan_shai Even though ygerlovin’s driver doesn’t support the sync with switch function, I was able to configure rotational control for volume adjustment by creating routines. Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Really? Please show me where you see _TZ3000_qja6nq5z listed on any of his fingerprints.yaml files. My Zigbee knob has the same fingerprint as @renancrociari & @danbimon and I have tried all driver versions from both dev-@erickv and @erickv channels but the fingerprint has not yet been added.

how to make the dial work? Dimmer mode, sync with switch, it seems not working.

hi @erickv

Could add the fingerprint for the Moes Tuya Smart knob

Manufacturer Code: _TZ3000_qja6nq5z
Model: TS004F

Thank you for your help

I know this thread indicates more recently that the developer might have dropped off, and it pushing people to two other developed drivers. I had luck with one of them with the Moes 4-scene switch, would LOVE to have the tap-dial-switch working (except… I want an option in the driver for whether the ring controls color, or BRIGHTNESS… as the latter is more useful for me, the few colors I like can be on buttons…). Worth checking with one of the other active drivers and see if they can add, or at least guide converting from DTH to Lua/edge.

I am in the same boat…also looking for support for the 4-button SMATRUL remote:
_TZ3000_u3nv1jwk
Model: CH071
Device ID: 28188d33-d974-45cf-8d9f-a9a108ce6650
Presentation ID: 127aadd0-5ea5-318b-bc75-89da0e2baca8

_TZ3000_u3nv1jwk device should work with Eric driver. Give a try:
https://api.smartthings.com/invite/Q1jP18n4oZML

1 Like

Thank you, I discovered I had to use V1.4.4 for all 4 buttons and it works great. Excellent!

2 Likes

This is the OTHER variant of the moes/tuya smart knob scene switch. The knob is the INNER circle, rather than an outer ring.

I’ve tried every driver I can find, multiple different developers, nothing seems to match this variant.

If I understood how to publish drivers to a beta channel, I’d be willing to fork off whatever is the best existing driver and continue to add fingerprints. That step is trivial. It’s having the lua code that supports single/double/hold button, and rotate vs push-and-rotate dial, that’s the part I’d have to learn if it isn’t already coded in some driver.

Manufacturer: _TZ3000_abrsvsou
Model: TS004F
FingerPrinted_EndPoint.Id: 0x01
App Version: Unknown
ZCL Version: Unknown
Network ID: 0x58C6
Zigbee EUI: A4C1380A2AF9BF52
Device ID: bada9ba1-205b-44e0-a0e5-bb0ee0d395d7

Server Cluster:
Ep: 0x01={ 0001,0003,0004,0006,1000,0000 }

Client Clusters:
Ep: 0x01={ 0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,1000,0019,
000A }

Signal Metrics:

Is the same device as _TZ3000_4fjiwweb which already supported by @erickv in ver v1.4.4. The Github of @erickv is here:

You are welcome to fork , add this device and ask @erickv for a PR. For me this too complicated…

1 Like

In addition to those, there is a triple press function which changes the knob between its two modes:

1. Scene/Routine
  2. Dimmer

While the “Remote Operation Mode” feature is shown on the dashboard of ygerlovin’s Zigbee Button Remote Driver [YG], I have yet to understand how to configure it for direct Zigbee device control.

Erickv’s button-battery driver has taken a different approach to the direct dimmer function. From what I understand, his driver uses the Smart lighting smartapp “Sync with switch” feature for controlling lights. It seems to me that ygerlovin’s driver is a better representation of the Tuya gateway/app functions. As shown in this video: