[ST EDGE] Z-Wave Sensor Driver Channel - including specific Ecolink, FortrezZ, HomeSeer, Monoprice and Zooz models

I haven’t written up any documentation yet. If you install the driver, it should be available in the driver swap menu for any device that supports z-wave association. Once you swap to the association driver, it’ll query the device for anything and everything regarding its association groups. You can then edit the assigned nodes by entering a comma delimited list of node IDs in hex.

Hey there, I enrolled in the channel, installed the “Z-Wave Sensor PH.” This is for a Monoprice 15902 4-in-1 Sensor. Before, it added as an Open/Close. Now with the Driver, it adds as a Z-Wave Sensor, however, it shows about 12 Stats (most it cannot do like Smoke, Water, Contact, Weight…etc) and the ones it should be able to do (Motion, Light, Temp, Humidity, Battery) it doesn’t show a value.

I removed the device and re-added it already. What else can I do to get this working? My view of the device is similar to Paul_Oliver’s screenshots, but not sure what was done to fix it.

Is there a way to force a sensor to be added with an edge driver? Keep trying to add Ecolink contact sensor but it adds with a groovy handler instead and not even the right one. Adds as a Monoprice smoke detector.

@cgrody @GRClark What are the fingerprints for your devices?

So I tried again and it added but doesn’t show battery status and open/closed status isn’t outing or correct. Not sure on fingerprint. Unsure if it’s the first or second Ecolink listed or how to find out.

EDIT: I’m thinking it’s the second Ecolink as it’s listed on their website as 2.5 as well came up in Z-Wave JS database as 2.5.

Still new to edge so what is it that I’m supposed to do with the fingerprint @philh30?

I don’t see anything called fingerprint in both the web interface (groovy ide) or the app. How do I find this?

@philh30 i have same device. This is fingerprint for a Monoprice tilt sensor

I don’t know why I can’t generate that “Device Info” screen on iOS SmartThings? I just installed SmartThings on my Android tablet, and I still can’t find any kind of Device Info or Fingerprint. Is there like a Dev mode I need to turn on?

Mariano’s driver Z-wave Thing. You need to change drivers to show that info

1 Like

Install this driver, then change the device’s driver to it.

@csstup , Ii know you are busy with other things, but wanted to check if there is any progress on a driver for Remotec ZFM80.

1 Like

Hi,
For Monoprice Open/Close sensor with External Contact, is that the HKZW-DWS01? I am looking for the right edge driver for it. Do you have any information about it? Thank you very much.

I’ll followup on it, thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

It probably as much a hardware issue as a software one, but I have a Fortrezz valve that falls permanently asleep about 24 hours after being rebooted.

I see under the Smartthings Edge driver wiki they list three different Fortrezz valve drivers and was hoping to try each one to see if this helps the problem. When I look under my ST app, there are no alternative drivers listed. Where can I found the drivers that are listed in the page in the link? Thanks.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Table_of_Edge_Drivers

|FortrezZ|0084/0213/|Zwave|FortrezZ Valve||zwave-valve
|FortrezZ|0084/0233/
|Zwave|FortrezZ Valve||zwave-valve
|FortrezZ|0084/0243/*|Zwave|FortrezZ Valve||zwave-valve

Those 3 models all use the same Zwave Valve (zwave-valve) Edge driver available as a beta from SmartThings directly.

Got it. So that’s one driver for three different devices / fingerprints, as opposed to three drivers for three separate devices. Is there any chance of doing something with the driver to keep things communicating beyond 24 hours, or is that pie in the sky? I’ve read a little about nodes and associations when it comes to z-wave, and was wondering if there was anything that could be done that way to help.

Whats your Zwave network look like? How many devices? How far is the device in question away from the hub? Do you have any powered repeaters in the network (plugs/outlets/switches generally) if the device is too far away from the hub? It appears as though that valve is powered, so it doesn’t have the issues that sleepy devices do.

Thats a Zwave 300 series (non Zwave plus) device, so its range isn’t great out of the box.

@csstup, this particular device has a very clearly written custom DTH that could be used for reference when adding it to your Edge driver.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah I have that bookmarked.

I actually ordered a FLS100 G2 during the black friday sale. I’ve not had a chance to work on it yet though.

3 Likes

I did too. :smile: