[ST Edge] Z-Wave Masquerade

I don’t see any instructions on how to use this.

@JKB121 Your Z-wave device must already be using an Edge driver.
Subscribe the the channel (link in 1st post) and install this driver. In the app make a driver change.

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo

I’ve been using this for various things - smoke, leak detectors, etc.

After many months, battery still hasn’t reported, and I get a “Couldn’t get devices status” error when opening (though the main function still reports properly). I think it’s because of the battery report.

Any thoughts? Thanks for all the work you do!

Hi @mooch91

This driver is made by @philh30

1 Like

Lol, thanks, silly me.

Thank you very much for the effort here!

I saw your recommendation from a post I made and tried using this driver.

Issue I have, once I switch to your driver, when I select “Smoke” - I loose connectivity to the device.
I have to fully delete and readd the device.

[EDIT]
I had a similar issue with a GE Motion Switch.
Then suddenly, without any explanation, the device was “connected”
I’ll keep testing this… Perhaps is a matter of rebooting or something else I need to explore deeper.

@philh30, would this driver work for this:

It is a Monoprice Door/Window sensor ZD2102US with internal contacts.

Data * MSR: 0109-2001-0102

• endpointId: 0
  • networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_LEGACY_NON_SECURE
    Raw Description zw:L type:2001 mfr:0109 prod:2001 model:0102 cc:71,85,80,72,30,86,84

I would try to switch to this driver but I do not have any driver that supports this device.

For me, I finally traced this issue after experiencing a different issue.
I am running pi-hole on my network.

pi-hole was blocking: us-api.mcsvc.samsung.com

It sounds like most of the special options haven’t been initialized. If swiping down to refresh on the device detail screen in the app works (it often doesn’t) then doing that should help populate those. My own lock was often a bit finicky about responding to a full poll though, so it might take a few tries. Another option is to create a scene to change each of those options, which should result in each being populated and usable from device detail screen.

1 Like

@philh30

THANK YOU!!!

That did the trick !!!

I’m now able to use the Schlage Lock Alarm, set to “Activity Mode”, to fire off the SmartThings Smart Home Security Monitor! Prior to your driver, it only worked when the Lock was Locked or Unlocked.

Wonderful job on these drivers!!!

So is excluding and including the only option to get this driver working? I have enrolled in the channel and added the driver. But all my EcoLink Z-wave plus tilt sensors don’t have the “driver” option in the menu. If thats what I have to do then I will but wanted to make sure.

I’ve already gone through my IDE and deleted every custom DTH except for the single MyQ one, same for custom apps, so that should be clean.

If your devices are on a different Edge driver, you can use the Driver menu in the app to swap.

If they’re on a DTH, you either need to delete and re-include or wait for the automatic migration which is happening… sometime.

1 Like

Hi @philh30 ,
I use your Z-wave Masquerade v1.01 for Monoprice 24259 contact sensors. It works great but one weird issue is the Monoprice 24259 devices often showing offline but they are actually not offline. When I open/close the contact, it shows the correct status. Most time I open/close the contact, the offline text disappears. However, soon the text comes back again later.

@philh30
Thank you , this driver make 7 more devices for me .
Gocontrol door sensor and motion sensor.
Watercop valve that the status was invert with the smartthimgs driver.

Excellent !!!

More of an FYI… I was looking at your fingerprint for remotec-zfm80. I just see the switch options. There is also the ability to set a timeout (auto off). Here is the documentation for the relay…
Parameter 2 is timeout period 0-240 minutes default 0 - disabled
Parameter 3 is NodeID 1-232
Parameter 4 Set relay if timeout 0 = turn off/1 = turn on default 0

1 Like

@philh30 , I use this driver for several Monoprice sensors and it works great. I have a request.
I use a sensor to monitor when my Security system is Armed or Disarmed. So, in the Alarm profile, is it possible to add two more selections for State 1 and State 2. The Selections I would like are “Armed” and “Disarmed”

By the way, all my devices have now been converted to Drivers, and for Z-Wave, 18 of 38 devices are using your drivers. Thank you very much.

The “alarm” profile in Masquerade is to mimic a Siren, not an alarm/security panel. The driver would have to be enhanced to simulate a securitySystem capability, or perhaps there is already a virtual securitySystem device that you can control with routines.

1 Like

Tagging on to Corey… There’s a security system capability that has arm/disarm functions but last I checked it was broken. A custom capability would be required to have what you requested work properly.

I am getting a smoke and CO2 alarm from my Ecolink open/closed sensor driven by a Kidde smoke and CO2 interface to my wired alarms using Masquerade v1.01. Changing the invert status didn’t change the smoke alarms. Previously the Ecolinks reported open when not armed with the ZWave sensor driver. I’d like it to be treated as a smoke sensor in the Home Monitor.

Hi
Was trying to use this with an Ecolink Tilt Sensor 2.5 as a leak detector using the external contacts.

When I masquerade it as a leak sensor, it doesn’t work. Shows no change and gives a message that the device is still updating status information.

When I use contact sensor it works fine, including the external contacts.

Any reason this sensor can’t properly masquerade?

Thanks!