[ST Edge] Web Requestor: a driver to issue local POST and GET HTTP requests

Using Rules API it’s possible to send multiple requests to same device.

1 Like

To get around this, I have a 2nd web requestor driver installed. This allows me to send two requests in the same automation.

@koyfam @montyfert

Do you mean a second webrequestor device created?

Yep, I think a while back you had created two web requestor devices to overcome this limitation - Web Req Multi Master and Web Req Multi #2.

I use both in a few automations so I can issue two commands as Smartthings doesn’t allow for the same device to be used twice in the Then section.

1 Like

Hi @TAustin, thanks for developing this driver. After a lot of research and trial and error I have been able to use your driver to read values from my Fronius solar inverter. I have created separate devices for the PV generation, load, battery state of charge, and discharge. I am now able to read those values in SharpTools and do some creative management of energy-heavy devices around the home.

One thing I would like to know is whether it is possible to display the Extracted Key Value in the device tile, rather than “Connected”? Would be good to see the results at a glance.

My request is working, I get this resposne:
{
“majorDimension”: “ROWS”,
“range”: “STT!A1”,
“values”: [
[
“52.9”
]
]
}

I can get range as the extracted value, but I cannot figure out the notation for values extraction.

Once I do get this value extracted, all I want to do is put it into a virtual temp device to display it.

What is the correct way of passing this line into the headers?
Authorization: Basic ZGVtbzpwQDU1dzByZA==

No matter what format I try I always get a 401, but works perfectly in postman.

Yes, I might be able to provide that as an option. Not sure when I can get to it, but will try within the next couple of weeks.

1 Like

values[0][0]

You need to have this in your settings field for the headers:

Authorization=Basic ZGVtbzpwQDU1dzByZA==

However, before you try this again, confirm that you have Driver Version 2023-01-14T01:14:29.281734849 installed on your hub. This has a minor fix that you’ll need for that to work.

Let me know if you have any more problems.

1 Like

Yeah thought that too, doesnt pull the value tho,

I’ll try to recreate it here.

1 Like

See this Rule: Integration Solutions using MQTT - #193 by TapioX

Alternatively, if I add the option to display the extracted value on the dashboard, would that be sufficient?

So what I do now is just pump it into a virtual temp time so I can display it in actiontiles

Do you think its possible to use the rule engine to take the extracted value and put it into a virtual temp tile?

What can be done using Rules API
Look at this post
[ST Edge] Web Requestor: a driver to issue local POST and GET HTTP requests - Devices & Integrations / Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community

I’ve extracted a value which is a number. Can I build a rule that checks whether this value is less than a specific number??

Yes

You can use normal APP automations or Rules API.

I don’t have this driver so I can’t make for you an example.

I can’t work it out. As far as I can tell in an automation for this driver you can only check if the extracted value equals a certain string.

Can’t see how I can check that it is less than a value.

I don’t want to use the rules api