[ST Edge] vEdge Creator: a virtual device generator for end users

Unfortunately it is a cloud to cloud integration for the legacy platform. The ones that aren’t going away are those that were (re)written to use one of the current C2C integrations.

1 Like

Okay, well guess I’ll join the club like everyone else to figure out the presence thing.

Glad it worked out!! Have some fun with it :rofl::wink:

Based on what you just said, does anybody know if the Honeywell C2C integration will remain?

The Honeywell Home c2c integration uses the new architecture. I don’t know about the other Honeywell integrations.

I have Honeywell WiFi Thermostats. I use Linked Services in the ST app to connect. However, Honeywell Home can never find any thermostats to connect to but the older Honeywell app, Honeywell Home Total Connect Comfort, does so I remain connected to TCC. My Thermostats show Placeholder in the IDE. I forget the protocol name, but it’s not an Edge driver. Is this connection right? Shouldn’t I be able to connect using the newer Honeywell Home? Thanks.

I have a Honeywell T5 WiFi thermostat and it connects via the Resido (formerly Honeywell Home) app. Other models might use other apps.

If your model is listed as Placeholder in the IDE you should be all set.

Agree!

I’ve got three Honeywell VisionPro 8000 thermostats. I’ve used both the Honeywell apps and they both … have annoyances. I’ve been sticking with the TCC app.

I’m fairly sure they’re both using the same backend. And they show up as device type “placeholder” in the IDE. So I’m expecting them to be fine after Groovy is gone.

Please move Honeywell discussion to a thread about Honeywell. This thread is about vEdge Creator!

4 Likes

Question for everyone: I just factory reset my hub and cleaned everything up via the soon to be doomed IDE / Z-wave exclusions. After setting the hub back up and registering / installing the Virtual Devices V2 Edge driver, the creator doesn’t seem to be installing upon a scan. I added some of the other projects and ran a scan which those were created just fine. I’m guessing I should have done a better job with removing the devices by hand before the reset but any thoughts on how I am able to recreate the creator?

Edit - I was able to resolve this. At ten devices installed and 20 edge drivers, I was receiving a “memory close to full” error. After killing a couple drivers and rebooting the hub, the creator device was successfully created after scanning. I do hope the next iteration of the hub has more memory in it…

2 Likes

Just came around this, much appreciate OP for creating this :wave: :wave: :wave:

1 Like

I’m curious - where did this error get displayed?

When you add a device by brand or type, after you press the Start button, it shows the Hub and Room drop downs.

If the hub has memory issues, it will show there.

Got it; thanks.

Which of these virtual devices would have a capability of storing time.
Basically i have an api which returns some time data which I would like to store in these devices.
and trigger automations if current time = data stored in these devices.

any help would be highly appreciated

1 Like

Hello,
I was able to create virtual presense sensor using your instruction but I dont know how to associate the presense sensor to a mobile phone. I must miss something would you point me to the right direction

thank you

First, let’s assume you have your mobile phone known by SmartThings.

What you need to do is create a couple automation routines that would say something like:

Mobile Phone at Home:
IF mobile phone is present at my location
THEN turn on virtual presence device

Mobile Phone is Away:
If mobile phone is away from my location
THEN turn off virtual presence device

2 Likes

If anyone is using virtual devices in combination with my webrequestor driver in order to send http requests, you know it can take multiple automation routines to set up. I’ve created a new driver that might help reduce these automations by including configurable http request capability inside the virtual device. The driver initially supports device types of switch, button, dimmer, and alarm, but I plan to add more based on community requests. If this is of interest to you, see my post here.

3 Likes

@TAustin I see there’s a virtual thermostat in there. I’ve installed and created it, but how do I get the temperature from a sensor into the virtual thermostat?
Or is it more intended just to just to use the heating setpoint?

I thought a simple routine might work, but there’s not a “changes” trigger option.

What kind of Temperature sensor? If it’s Zigbee you can use @Mariano_Colmenarejo’s Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat Mc driver. It adds virtual thermostat to any Zigbee sensor with Temperature capability

1 Like