Tasmota Edge is an Edge driver for SmartThings, that allows you to add your Tasmota supported devices as SmartThings devices.
It works with more than 2000 ESP (ESP8266, ESP8285, ESP32, etc) WiFi devices - switches, lights (CCT, RGB, RGBW), dimmers, relays, plugs, power strips, sockets, wall outlets, fan controllers, IR bridges, RF bridges and more.
Brands include Aisirer, Athom, BlitzWolf, BrilliantSmart, eWeLink, Girier, Globe, Gosund, Lohas, MagicHome, Moes, Shelly, Smart Life, Sonoff, Tuya, Zemismart and many other brands.
Find all Tasmota supported devices here - https://templates.blakadder.com/.
Read more about Tasmota Firmware here - https://tasmota.github.io/docs/.
Instructions for flashing Tasmota firmware - https://tasmota.github.io/docs/Getting-Started/.
This is a BETA release. It’s probably buggy and not all of the devices & features are supported or working.
- 100% local execution
- Real-time device status
- Native Tasmota & SmartThings integration (No MQTT)
- Virtual Device (for RF / IR devices that can be controlled by a RF / IR bridge)
- Web Gateway (Tasmota device information & additional setting)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub v2/v3 or Aeotec Smart Home Hub
- Official Tasmota Firmware v11.0.0 or later
- Static IP address on Tasmota device and Hub
- Private Network - must be in one of these IP address range
- 10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
- 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
- 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255
- Switch / Plug / Power Strip / TH (Temperature-Humidity) / Socket (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8CH) - No Power Monitoring
- Metering Switch / Plug / Power Strip (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8CH) - Power Monitoring
- Dimmer (1,2CH)
- Fan / Sonoff iFan
- Light / Bulb / LED controller (CCT)
- Light / Bulb / LED controller (RGB)
- Light / Bulb / LED controller (RGBW)
- IR Bridge
- RF Bridge
Virtual Device - A Virtual Device uses a RF/IR bridge to control your RF/IR devices or receive device’s state
Virtual Button / Remote (1/2/4/6/8 button) - Send IR or RF control code via an IR or RF Bridge to control an IR / RF device
- Virtual 1-Button - Send & Receive IR or RF code via an IR or RF Bridge to control an IR / RF device
- Virtual 2/4/6/8 Buttons - Add IR or RF button/remote as SmartThings button/remote
- Virtual Switch - Send IR or RF control code via an IR or RF Bridge to control an IR / RF device
- Virtual Fan - Send IR or RF control code via an IR or RF Bridge to control an IR / RF fan
Virtual Air Conditioner - Control Air Conditioner via an IR bridge
- Supports Carrier, Coolix, Daikin, Fujitsu, Gree, LG, Midea, Mitsubishi, Samsung and more.
- Virtual Contact Sensor - Add RF contact sensor as SmartThings contact sensor
- Virtual Motion Sensor - Add RF contact sensor as SmartThings motion sensor
- Virtual Button / Remote (1/2/4/6/8 button) - Send IR or RF control code via an IR or RF Bridge to control an IR / RF device
(#) Not Available Yet
- For Tasmota Edge to operate properly, it must satisfy all requirements above.
- Use the following link to enroll in the channel and install the driver on your hub:
Invite link: https://bestow-regional.api.smartthings.com/invite/d4291roPPD2o
Driver Name: Tasmota Edge
- Go to your SmartThings app, under “Add devices”, and do a “Scan for nearby devices”
This will add a new device called Tasmota Edge.
- Open the Tasmota Edge device, select the device you want to create, and the device will be created.
- Open the newly created device, under “Settings”, fill in the Tasmota device IP address and access other features.
- Tasmota web password is currently not supported
If your device is currently using the Tasmota (Connect) Groovy SmartApp/Driver, you MUST remove the device from Tasmota (Connect), and then add it using Tasmota Edge.
If your device is currently using non-official Tasmota firmware, you MUST flash the device with the Official Tasmota firmware and reset configuration.
Tasmota Edge is free for all of up to 5 Tasmota devices. It includes all features and future updates.
For users of 5+ Tasmota devices, a one-time USD$20 contribution is needed for each Hub. This includes unlimited Tasmota devices, all features and future updates.
Please contribute via this PayPal link, and DM (or email
firstname.lastname@example.org) your Hub ID to get the key to unlock unlimited Tasmota devices. Please allow us some time to respond with the key.
The Hub ID can be found in the Tasmota Edge device (screenshot below).
Tasmota Edge Device - Add new Tasmota supported device here
Fan, Metering Switch, Switch, TH (Temperature-Humidity) Switch
Light / Bulb / LED controller - RGBW, RGB, CCT, Dimmer
RF Bridge, IR Bridge, Virtual Motion Sensor, Virtual Contact Sensor, Virtual Air Conditioner
A Virtual Device uses a RF/IR bridge to control your RF/IR devices or receive device’s state.
Control Air Conditioner via an IR Bridge. Full list of supported AC brands.
Virtual Button/Remote (1/2/4/6/8 buttons), Virtual Switch, Virtual Fan - Send IR or RF control code via an IR or RF Bridge to control an IR / RF device
Manage the IR / RF codes via the Web Gateway (see below for instruction on how to access.)
Web Gateway lists all the Tasmota devices, and has additional configuration for virtual fan and virtual switch.
To access the Web Gateway, get the Gateway address from the Tasmota Edge device in SmartThings App.
Do note, the Gateway address changes frequently, make sure you get the latest Gateway address from Tasmota Edge device.
For example, it is
http://192.168.1.208:44189 (screenshot below); access it on your browser.
Tasmota Edge, Web Gateway
Virtual Switch, Virtual Fan, Virtual 1/2/4/6/8 Button